Adding an SSD to a current boot SSD for raid 0

Snakestrikes

I just bought a second 840 EVO 120GB and was wondering how I could easily add it to my current boot SSD to raid 0 them. Would I have to duplicate the boot drive to a HDD and and then move that back to the raid 0 afterwards or is there an automatic way of converting the current boot ssd into a raid 0 while keeping the data?

Cheers in advance.

Just like you said, clone, then clone.

First.. to remove issues prone to cloning a current AHCI driven install to non-AHCI driven Raid.

GOOGLE "RAID BSOD AHCI DRIVER" and apply the registry based AHCI driver removal (so when you boot in from the RAID, you don't BSOD from your existing install that wants AHCI enabled, so you disable it before cloning to the raid)

Grab another drive spare (mechanical drive or something you have spare, we'll call it mechanical for this post)

Clone the SSD currently in use, to the spare mechanical drive.

Get into WIndows using that cloned mechanical drive. <-select as boot device

Secure erase or format your SSD, then reboot & Attach 2nd SSD to system.

Reboot, load your motherboard raid utility set up Raid 0 (hotkey in mobo manual and maybe onscreen)

Get into windows on your backup/spare mechanical drive, and then clone it onto the 240GB raid array now created & seen by Windows.

Once cloned from your mechanical copy to your Raid array,...Reboot, remove spare mechanical drive and Windows should be good to go.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz