Minecraft coming to Windows Phone

CyberHusky88

It's about fucking time. Hope it costs less. Now if could come to the Windows 8.1 store... That would be nice.

why would it need to be on the windows 8.1 store??? download java, download the minecraft exe from minecraft.net and play. they dont need to waste time and resources making a special version for windows 8.1 just to stick on the store.

why would it need to be on the windows 8.1 store??? download java, download the minecraft exe from minecraft.net and play. they dont need to waste time and resources making a special version for windows 8.1 just to stick on the store.

For Tablet PCs

With something like MC on a Lumia phone, parents could probably 'get away with' buying their younger children a $100 Windows Phone. Nice big blocky layouts perfect for them.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

The mobile version sucks pretty hard though.

It's improved quite a bit recently with the new updates. I have fun with it every once in a while when I'm bored.

Life.exe is missing

I wonder if this will be after they release Windows not Windows phone, like the universal Windows.    Maybe they could make it the full desktop version of Minecraft on a mobile?  It would probably look and run like crap but it would okay (I think)

I wonder if it will use java or will be rewritten in C

I hope they do the latter. And for every platform not just Windows Phone.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.