Can You Water Cool Your Rad?

Let's say I'm going for an extreme overclock on water cooling. I'm going to pour water through the rad to keep it cool instead of a fan for air.

So is it okay if I water cool my rad?

(So ironic) :P

Wouldn't help temps at all (realistically) unless water is chilled or you didn't have enough rad space. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Wouldn't help temps at all (realistically) unless water is chilled or you didn't have enough rad space. 

Is it safe is my question. "Let's say" is an example.

"So is it okay to water cool my rad?"

Yeah but don't.

It's just a waste of money for something that performs worse than a phase change cooler.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Is it probably safe to do that?

Yes.

Does it make any sense?

Absolutely not..

Remember that the temperature of the CPU, coolant, or radiator cannot be any less than the temperature of the air (or water?) that flows through the radiator.. Unless you're using refrigerated water, there will be no practical performance difference.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Yeah but don't.

It's just a waste of money for something that performs worse than a phase change cooler.

No, it's not safe. Because your coolant for your coolant will heat up.

Is it probably safe to do that?

Yes.

Does it make any sense?

Absolutely not..

Remember that the temperature of the CPU, coolant, or radiator cannot be any less than the temperature of the air (or water?) that flows through the radiator.. Unless you're using refrigerated water, there will be no practical performance difference.

So it's safe.

Thank you.

I was just gonna bring it to my backyard and get cold water from the hose INTO A BUCKET (not directly obviously) and pour it through the rad to see high how my bad chip can go.