Watercooling in a Cosmos 2

Im wondering having a monsta dual rad in the bottom and having a triple 30m rad up top would be enough to keep dual 780s with a z77 full block and 3770k in nice temperatures?

CPU i7 3770K@4.6Ghz Motherboard  Asus Maximus V Extreme Ram 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866Mhz GPU 3-Way Sli EVGA Gtx 780 //Core@1.2Ghz/Mem@7Ghz// PSU Corsair Ax1200i Storage OS 2xSamsung 840 Pro 128GB // 2xOCZ Vertex 4 128GB // 2xWD Red 4TB Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Steelseries Xai Cooling Custom Dual Loop Case Corsair 900D

Easily.

ive seen people say 1 object your cooling is equal to 120mm of cooling. what kinda depth of rad does that equate to as well?

CPU i7 3770K@4.6Ghz Motherboard  Asus Maximus V Extreme Ram 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866Mhz GPU 3-Way Sli EVGA Gtx 780 //Core@1.2Ghz/Mem@7Ghz// PSU Corsair Ax1200i Storage OS 2xSamsung 840 Pro 128GB // 2xOCZ Vertex 4 128GB // 2xWD Red 4TB Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Steelseries Xai Cooling Custom Dual Loop Case Corsair 900D

ive seen people say 1 object your cooling is equal to 120mm of cooling. what kinda depth of rad does that equate to as well?

Eh, thickness effects it a lot less than FPI does. I think the rule of thumb is 240 for a base, plus 120 for each additional component. So long as it's 30mm thick it should be fine. A Monsta dual rad and 360mm would have no problem at all cooling this hardware.

Eh, thickness effects it a lot less than FPI does.

Just to add to that; thick radiators are aimed at a wide range of fan rpms while thin rads tend to be far more targeted, hence the reason why you don't see that many high FPI thick rads. High fpi thin rads are (mostly) targeted at higher rpm fans which can push air through the denser fins. More and more of the newer rads coming out have high fpis and can deal with much lower fan speeds. Look closely at the recommended fan speed when buying radiators.

As for the OP's original question, this is why any rule of thumb in watercooling sucks. The rule of thumb always works because temperature is always dependant on fan speed so being off by 1 or 2 rad slots is something you can make up by adjusting fan speed. A 360 rad would be enough to cool the OP's system if they didn't mind the fans spinning up slightly during gaming. You should take advantage of fan control software on the newer motherboards.

I can guarantee you can run semi-passive on the amount of rads mentioned in your post, only spinning up all the fans while gaming.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.