[UPDATE 2] AMD Making An Announcement On September 25th."You ain't seen nothing yet"

I hate the marketing and the hype surrounding new releases from Nvidia, AMD, and Intel. Just release your freaking BS product already. I'm getting sick and tired of this stupid Sh@t

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

"No pills required" also could mean the launch of GPU's.

I'm going to call it now: "No pills required" means they are releasing low consumption cards like the 750 and the 750ti that don't require external power. It makes sense because of how power efficient the 900 series is. AMD wants to compete with Nvidia for lower power consumption. Well, it's just a theory, but it makes sense to me

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

It's a gpu guys. They clearly have something up their sleeve, they have to.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I feel like red and blue pills refer to AMD and Intel. (I know, the matrix, but why would they choose such a fitting photo to choose if it weren't that?)

Then again, I think it might be a GPU, seeing that R9 390X cooler leak and the fact that they need to compete with Maxwell.

I hope it's both.

Or, an APU with R9 270 graphics, FX-8320 CPU performance and lower power consumption than both combined.

But that's just a dream.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

3 is better then one

I wonder if 3 GPUs on a single board is even physically possible? Like, ignoring its insane power consumption, could you even fit all the circuitry required onto a normal pcb?

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

"and to make our naming schedule easy to understand we will name our new high end gpu's the r9 100 series."

i swear, they could pull that off.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I hope AMD will have something to beat the GTX980 in performance. So Nvidia will be forced to respond with GTX980 ti. GTX980 price will drop. Time for me to upgrade, ha. :)

Probably a new gpu announcement.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I wonder if 3 GPUs on a single board is even physically possible? Like, ignoring its insane power consumption, could you even fit all the circuitry required onto a normal pcb?

It's been done by 3dfx. They did 4

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

hopefully is a new GPU r11 3xx or something

because why not

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I hate the marketing and the hype surrounding new releases from Nvidia, AMD, and Intel. Just release your freaking BS product already. I'm getting sick and tired of this stupid Sh@t

But then when they do release it no one knows and it just sits on store shelves while everyone buys last gen products.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

AMD is finally coming out with their own enlargement pills?

I know man I've been waiting years for this. All those rumors!

It's a Matrix theme. Morpheous gave the option to Neo to either choose the blue pill and forget everything or the red pill and go into the matrix.

Yeah, and pretty soon we'll probably be like Cypher, asking ourselves "why oh why didn't I take the blue pill ?"

I'm hoping they'll announce a new GPU naming scheme that's less ridiculous than their current one.   

I'm hoping they'll announce a new GPU naming scheme that's less ridiculous than their current one.   

I kind hope they don't. then it would be even more confusing, cause then you could quite possibly have chips spanning three generations (7790/260) in use in three different naming schemes. Even if this one is annoying, I'd rather stick with this until we get to the r9 700 series or so.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

But then when they do release it no one knows and it just sits on store shelves while everyone buys last gen products.

I can only speak for myself. Anytime I see marketing like Nvidia game24 or this AMD pill crap makes me very leery of their products. All I care about is what the card can or can't do. I don't need the fluff they try to sell. Spend the marketing money on R&D and let the products speak for themselves.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

I'm sure its a GPU sincethe hash tag is a spin on nvidias Future Is Here.

"The new R9 390FX10350, our new flagship APU with 10GB of vram and 18 cpu cores, DDR4, perfect for 5K gaming! up to 5 way CF!"

this is going to be interesting :D

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I hope it is new GPU but knowing AMD they will again mess up their naming scheme :D

We will see something like R11 290x and R9 240

Would that first product be from old ATI or does it have to be AMD? Because the answer could be the Mach, the Radeon HD 5870 or the Radeon HD 6970 depending on how you interpret that question.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.