Problems with Asus's TPU overclocks

Recently I had quite a problem with my PC that I would like to share with you guys

Suddenly out of nowhere my PC wouldn't POST.

As I looked inside the case the DRAM led was lit. I assume I had somehow broken my RAM. I tried installing my 8 gig stick into another slot but I just would POST. I also tried my brother's stick, and it would work eighter. I tried googleing the problem, but noone seems to have had the same problem before. I have tried booting without my videocard installed, I have tried to reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and I even tried switching out my power supply. As I ran out if troubleshooting ideas I finally went to the service with it. 

NOTE that I had been using the Asus TPU a lot in the past weeks to boost performance.

For those who don't know what that is:

TPU or Turbo Processing Unit automatically overclocks the CPU by calculating optimal multipliers and voltages when switched on on the motherboard.

The guy at the shop asked me if I tried overclocking the CPU and advised me not to do it again because I had almost burned the motherboard. I was quite surprised aswell when my CPU(Intel i5-4670k) hit 4.5Ghz with the TPU. I was a bit concerned because the motherboard I was using(Asus z87-a) wasn't a high-end overclocking board, but I had assumed that given that the MB overclocked "itself" would be just fine. Well it turned out not to be. I advise Asus eighter not to include the TPU on the lower end motherboards or just not allow it to dial in such high clock speeds.

It might be just my board, I don't know, but If any of you own an Asus z87-a and want to squeeze out some more performace from the CPU I advise not to use the TPU option or just use it on the lower setting.

Asus Z87-A is not a low end motherboard by any stretch of the imagination.

Quality of overclock is dependent upon the chip, not the motherboard.

What might have happened is if you auto overclocked, the LLC was set to an 8/8 which will cause overvolting.  Change LLC to 4/8.

Also, do your overclocking in the BIOS.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."