PC power up fail?

frostentangle

Hi guys,

I have a new system unit and as for the first week, when I turn it on it powers up then after 1 second it losses power but then it reboots itself and it will push through. This happens everytime I start up the PC. Is this normal?

CPU: Core i7-4790k Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 CAS 9 16GB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

GPU: Asus gtx770 2gb ddr5 direct cu11 oc PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ GOLD Full Modular Case: CM 690 III Cooling: Noctua NH-D14

Others: Corsair SP fans X5, NZXT fan controller, NZXT Sleeves

Hi guys,

I have a new system unit and as for the first week, when I turn it on it powers up then after 1 second it losses power but then it reboots itself and it will push through. This happens everytime I start up the PC. Is this normal?

Have you tried the methods in this thread?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

not yet. Thanks for pointing me to this.

Is the cooler on your CPU seated properly?

I'll re-seat it later thanks.

CPU: Core i7-4790k Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 CAS 9 16GB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

GPU: Asus gtx770 2gb ddr5 direct cu11 oc PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ GOLD Full Modular Case: CM 690 III Cooling: Noctua NH-D14

Is the cooler on your CPU seated properly?

Hi guys,

I've done the recommendations above and I have also tried a different power cable but its still the same. The usual one failure power up.

Hi guys,

I've done the recommendations above and I have also tried a different power cable but its still the same. The usual one failure power up.

Do you have another PSU to test with?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

have you tried to OC?, could be a failed OC then it restarts to set defaults then boots ?

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Do you have another PSU to test with?

All parts are brand new and tested before being shipped.

have you tried to OC?, could be a failed OC then it restarts to set defaults then boots ?

Hmmm.. maybe that's the culprit. I did change some settings in bios. Maybe I'll set it to default first and test?

yup give that a try, best best is to move the jumper, on the MB or pull out the MB battery for a couple of minutes , best of luck buddy 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Yep, BIOS reset should do the trick. Chances are its unhappy about a setting, whatever it is, and so it does a bit of a jump to start up with the default settings. Make sure your boot order is also correct.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

All parts are brand new and tested before being shipped.

Hmmm.. maybe that's the culprit. I did change some settings in bios. Maybe I'll set it to default first and test?

Maybe something went wrong while shipping? Have you thought about contacting the company that sold you the stuff?

yup give that a try, best best is to move the jumper, on the MB or pull out the MB battery for a couple of minutes , best of luck buddy 

Yep, BIOS reset should do the trick. Chances are its unhappy about a setting, whatever it is, and so it does a bit of a jump to start up with the default settings. Make sure your boot order is also correct.

I've already reset the bios to default settings but still no luck. I'll reseat the battery and check boot order.

Maybe something went wrong while shipping? Have you thought about contacting the company that sold you the stuff?

I'll check with the company.

---

I've checked with the company and he said he also experienced this with higher end mobos. One other client he had with 2 titans but with a different mobo also have this problem. Do you guys think this is normal? Any harmful effects?

Here's the video. http://youtu.be/r8jZ_yZ1ClI

Edited by frostentangle

I've already reset the bios to default settings but still no luck. I'll reseat the battery and check boot order.

I'll check with the company.

---

I've checked with the company and he said he also experienced this with higher end mobos. One other client he had with 2 titans but with a different mobo also have this problem. Do you guys think this is normal? Any harmful effects?

Here's the video. http://youtu.be/r8jZ_yZ1ClI

So wait, your PC is working?

So wait, your PC is working?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Yes it's working but it always do that thing on the video above. About 0-4 seconds it tries to boot up but 'fails' and restarts again but after that everything is fine.

I have the same mobo and it doing the same thing, when i build my pc and booted it for the first time it did the same thing like the video above, but now its ok, it might be mobo problem try to boot your pc from the "start" buttom on the mobo one time 

I have the same mobo and it doing the same thing, when i build my pc and booted it for the first time it did the same thing like the video above, but now its ok, it might be mobo problem try to boot your pc from the "start" buttom on the mobo one time 

I will try that.

I just tried it and it did the same thing while using the "start" button. Could it be that this is a bad batch of mobo?

If I remove the battery will it reset BIOS settings and version?

Just the settings not the version

Specs 

i noticed something else,do you close your PSU? by close i mean from the button behind of the tower

i noticed something else,do you close your PSU? by close i mean from the button behind of the tower

Yes. But even if I do leave the PSU 'open' and boot from cold boot it still does this fail boot once.

I updated my bios and it has improved a bit, meaning it still has the fail boot but it is now less noticeable than before.