Swiftech H320 Pump Noise - 6 Months

Hello Guys,

Yesterday my Swiftech H320 AIO Pump started making a rattling noise. At first I thought it was a fan, but i stopped each one in my case and narrowed it down to the pump inside the water-block itself. It also slightly vibrates to the touch. Before yesterday it was completely silent.

I hope it's not dying already, I only installed it in March, so 6 months ago. 6 months does not sound like a reasonable life-span to me, but this is my first time doing water cooling in a system. Also the first H320 I received from NCIX was DOA and I had to RMA it (they made me pay $50 in shipping too, still unhappy about that).

My temps right now are idling in the high 30's and in the low 50's under load. So I don't think that indicates the pump is failing, or if it is, it's very slowly failing.

So, water cooling experts, what problem does this sound like? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is my pump dying? (If it is dying, then I think I'll just go back to air cooling, a lot less hassle and expense). Thanks for looking.

Update: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/218766-swiftech-h320-pump-noise-6-months/#entry4319417

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Hello Guys,

Yesterday my Swiftech H320 AIO Pump started making a rattling noise. At first I thought it was a fan, but i stopped each one in my case and narrowed it down to the pump inside the water-block itself. It also slightly vibrates to the touch. Before yesterday it was completely silent.

I hope it's not dying already, I only installed it in March, so 6 months ago. 6 months does not sound like a reasonable life-span to me, but this is my first time doing water cooling in a system. Also the first H320 I received from NCIX was DOA and I had to RMA it (they made me pay $50 in shipping too, still unhappy about that).

My temps right now are idling in the high 30's and in the low 50's under load. So I don't think that indicates the pump is failing, or if it is, it's very slowly failing.

So, water cooling experts, what problem does this sound like? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is my pump dying? (If it is dying, then I think I'll just go back to air cooling, a lot less hassle and expense). Thanks for looking.

In regards to the NCIX RMA, you could always post reviews using your NCIX account, this means you gain around ~25 points per review.

Or, claim the points you get from the NCIX newsletter.

Once you accumulate 500 points, get VIP status from NCIX. This means free return RMA shipping, NCIX covers it.

Main PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/FNsFVY

Secondary PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7sv7xY

Former Intel Response Squad Member, May Class.

Member of the LTT Forums since January 3rd, 2013.

Well I used Swiftech's advice for eliminating air-bubbles and now it's back to being quiet as can be although temps are still idling in the low 40's, for now I'm just going to assume that's thanks to the summer heat. No idea why there would suddenly be air bubbles now, but I'm back to being happy with the H320 :)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

• 2 weeks later...

Noise is back :(

Open up an RMA with Swiftech - better to get it taken care of now.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Open up an RMA with Swiftech - better to get it taken care of now.

Unfortunately Swiftech doesn't do RMA's with Canadian customers, I would have to go through NCIX again, meaning I'll have to pay for shipping again :(

Unfortunately Swiftech doesn't do RMA's with Canadian customers, I would have to go through NCIX again, meaning I'll have to pay for shipping again :(

That makes no sense?? After 30 days I wouldn't expect NCIX or any retailer to deal with the end customer but have you communicate directly with the manufacturer.

I have done this with multiple companies (Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte and Zotac) of which I have had to RMA things bought from NCIX and Newegg.

@BramSLI1 is this correct?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

That makes no sense?? After 30 days I wouldn't expect NCIX or any retailer to deal with the end customer but have you communicate directly with the manufacturer.

I have done this with multiple companies (Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte and Zotac) of which I have had to RMA things bought from NCIX and Newegg.

@BramSLI1 is this correct?

Yep, if you look at Swiftech's website "Swiftech provides technical support to anyone anywhere in the world, but does not provide warranty support outside of the United States." I've dealt with this before unfortunately, my first H320 was DOA and Swiftech Tech Support was my first stop. They told me I had to go through my retailer (NCIX in this case) since I was outside the USA.

Anyway, I tried Swiftech's method for removing air bubbles again, no luck this time. I opened the RMA with NCIX, this time they're covering the shipping cost both ways since this is the second time RMAing the same item. Hopefully the new one doesn't have any more problems, but this does put me without a computer for at least 3 weeks :( Just as Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor and Civ Beyond Earth are out/about to release.

Hopefully the new one doesn't have any more problems, but this does put me without a computer for at least 3 weeks :( Just as Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor and Civ Beyond Earth are out/about to release.

can always use the stock cooler or a CM 212-series to get you by. .5GHz OC

might give you a better FPS, but not like 20+ FPS.

can always use the stock cooler or a CM 212-series to get you by. .5GHz OC

might give you a better FPS, but not like 20+ FPS.

O yeah, hope I kept the stock cooler, I'll have to check the closet of boxes

installed the stock cooler getting temps in the 60's idleing

O yeah, hope I kept the stock cooler, I'll have to check the closet of boxes

installed the stock cooler getting temps in the 60's idleing

I think something is wrong then - should get better temps then that even with a stock cooler at idle.

I think something is wrong then - should get better temps then that even with a stock cooler at idle.

It's actually idling in the 40's now, must have been some temporary spike.

It's actually idling in the 40's now, must have been some temporary spike.

Better :)

• 4 months later...

Ugh, 6 months later and again the pump is failing.

3 failed pumps (1 was DOA, 1 after 6 months of operation, 1 after another 6 months of operation) in 12 months. Do not buy a Swiftech H320 is the take-away I guess.  I'm trying to see if NCIX will let me exchange it for something else entirely, but I'm just going too go back to air cooling for now. Maybe in another couple of year AIO's will be more reliable...

Ugh, 6 months later and again the pump is failing.

3 failed pumps (1 was DOA, 1 after 6 months of operation, 1 after another 6 months of operation) in 12 months. Do not buy a Swiftech H320 is the take-away I guess.  I'm trying to see if NCIX will let me exchange it for something else entirely, but I'm just going too go back to air cooling for now. Maybe in another couple of year AIO's will be more reliable...

sorry to hear that. i gave up on the swiftech HXXX series months ago after similar

consequences. hopefully you'll have some sort of redemption. good luck!

Well I've got the stock cooler back in, still waiting to hear from NCIX