r9 290 Bluescreen Only While Streaming Youtube?

This is so weird...

So I have an r9 290 which has underperformed compared to benchmarks by the way. =[

So I over-clocked it a bit, nothing that pushed the temp. past 90c which I'm told 95c is the highest this card should get. 

I only enable my OC when I'm gaming it nothing seems wrong while gaming other than a lower than expected FPS...

My real issue is youtube oddly enough. Ever since I bought this card, switching tabs in chrome has studdered,

I'm talking 5 seconds of not responding every time I try and switch tabs. So, I moved to Opera. Opera has

worked fine, but when I watch youtube for a little while at 1080p normally, I get a flash of green pixels at the top

of my screen and a blue-screen message. I had none of these problems with my old GTX 650 2GB OC edition.

Should I RMA this card?

Is it possible to return this card for money so I can buy the Nvidia 970? ( I would have waited 2 weeks to buy the 970 if they had freak'n advertised it at all...)

:unsure:

My Specs:

HIS r9 290 4GB

FX-6350 OCed to 4.3 GHz

16GB DDR5 RAM 

750 watt 80+ gold seasonic PSU 

1 TB HDD

The 970 is a great choice but only if you do get a decent sum of money back for your card. I'm guessing you just got a bad card which happens a lot of the time and it doesn't have a stable OC. If you remove the OC it should work fine and if not then ask somebody locally for help. 

Hope I helped. Thx !  :)

It blue-screens while the OC is disabled. I don't want to return my 290 for a 270...

Hi there.

I have 2xR9 290's from Gigabyte and got a crash. After browsing the web it seems A: CCC related because the bluescreen said its a driver issue(for me) and B:

I read that the problem is related to the browser itself and internet explorer seems safe to use. I guess they will fix it next month.

BTW Chrome runs perfectly except the bluescreen I get from time to time.

New cards=Beta Testing 

I also have the issue that some games are starting to get blackscreens and I had a insta Bluescreen after using Dp with DVI.

I give them some time if the next CCC doesn't kill this issue I gonna sent it back to my retailer. I think there is no other option.

I really want to try this cards in with watercooling like in the video you may saw. Well I need 2 cards anyway.

One card isn't enought for 5760x1080 :D

Edit: I also read it might be related to the mainboard. It seems the mainboards of asus are the issue(I have a asus mb).

Try to update the bios and if a new graphics bios is avaible may get this if AMD itself has a such service. 

Edit4: Well I sent the card back because of more issues and I bought me the GTX970 from MSI. Very weird that all 2 Cards I had failed(can you believe this?!).

I will go for Nvidia now. The pricetag is almost the same and the performance+feature+driver support is better. The R9 series are very buggy and seems only to be usefull in newest builds.

I guess they have some trouble with the other hardware. I got a weird cliking noise with my G930 ingame with the R9 290. So the card itself isn't bad but if you have such issues I think there

is no way to fix this. 

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.