Hey guys, I just bought a Hyperx Cloud headset recently and have encountered a tedious problem and I was wondering if someone could help me. The problem is that when I use the mic my voice is very quiet and there is a buzzing or static noise. I already checked to make sure the mic is facing the right way and that the mic boost is off. Please help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just bought a Hyperx Cloud headset recently and have encountered a tedious problem and I was wondering if someone could help me. The problem is that when I use the mic my voice is very quiet and there is a buzzing or static noise. I already checked to make sure the mic is facing the right way and that the mic boost is off. Please help!

How do you check that mic boost is off? what driver should you be using

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

How do you check that mic boost is off? what driver should you be using

http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=cloud

In essence,

Bottom right hand corner of the taskbar, right click the speaker icon (where you change the volume and stuff) -> recording devices -> tap the mic so you see the green bar on the right raise to see which audio device it is-> right click -> properties -> levels tab. There you should see a microphone boost with +10.0dB or something, try turn that all the way down and see what the static is like. Kingston supposedly has a 2 year warranty and their return policy seems pretty solid so if all else fails, might want to contact them.

In essence,

Bottom right hand corner of the taskbar, right click the speaker icon (where you change the volume and stuff) -> recording devices -> tap the mic so you see the green bar on the right raise to see which audio device it is-> right click -> properties -> levels tab. There you should see a microphone boost with +10.0dB or something, try turn that all the way down and see what the static is like. Kingston supposedly has a 2 year warranty and their return policy seems pretty solid so if all else fails, might want to contact them.

Turns out i have the same problem! i bought the headset and have annoyed a lot of people on voice chat due to the static.

This is what mine is set at.

Have a look at: [http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/228841-microphone-causing-constant-buzzing-for-others-in-voice-chat/] I've got a lot more info about the problem, which should help OP

DuiGZQX.png

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

In essence,

I bought it from a local store, i've done business with them a few times, but i still don't know if the problem is to do with EMI, this mic does seem to pick up on interference (using wirless phone, turning on/off light) seem to affect it. Warranty for the headset doesn't cover that.