Overkill?

VonProdigy
Go to solution Solved by SAV1OUR,

you don't need 2011 or 32gb for gaming your just wasting your money, what your forgetting is a graphics card without it you can't play games 

You only need 8 GB of RAM for gaming and a hard drive large enough for your stuff...

For gaming yes you only really need 8Gigs 16 max and a 4TB HDD is up to you and what you plan to put on it.

you don't need 2011 or 32gb for gaming your just wasting your money, what your forgetting is a graphics card without it you can't play games 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Basically your entire list of parts is unnecessary for gaming and will give you worse performance.

You need to go back to the drawing board and ask for help picking out parts.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can get twice as much performance for half the price by adding a graphics card, using 8GB of RAM, getting a Haswell CPU instead of socket 2011 and using a Seagate 4tb drive( or even a WD Blue).

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Most games don't use more than 6GB. Seeing that is very uncommon. Unless you're doing video editing or lots of multitasking (especially when playing games) more than 12GB is overkill. 32GB of RAM, if you're using the computer for just playing games is way overkill, unless you're doing tons of multitasking.

I actually had a friend tell me that 32GB of RAM was going to be the minimum requirement of Battlefield 4 before it was released. I had wanted to ask him if he was high or not.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

I have a graphics card i just couldn't find it on PCPartPicker

http://m.ncix.com/products/sku/91766

Get a 980 there less expensive and more powerful.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival