Does the Gigabyte GA-Z97X support the intel Core i7 4790K?

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z97X support the intel Core i7 4790K out of the box without any bios updates or crazy modding and tweaking? Does this motherboard also support the new GTX 970 GPU?

intel Core i7 4790K: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27940&cPath=1490

Gigabyte GA-Z97X: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27610&cPath=1491

Thanks for the replys, have a good day! :)

Yes it certainly does. You should have no problems. Yes, this motherboard also supports the the 900 series GPUs, nothing to worry about.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

any 1150 cpu socket mobo supports and 1150 socket cpu's

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

any 1150 cpu socket mobo supports and 1150 socket cpu's

However, some may require a BIOS update, which you sometimes need a CPU compatible with it to update the BIOS, I'm aware of exceptions such as the Asus BIOS flashback feature thingy however. But in this case, yes, the 4790K is perfect for the Z97 board.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z97X support the intel Core i7 4790K out of the box without any bios updates or crazy modding and tweaking? Does this motherboard also support the new GTX 970 GPU?

Yep, Z97 automatically supports Haswell refresh CPUs. Pretty much any motherboard with X16 PCIe slots supports the 970.

"Rawr XD"

Yup. Z97 and Haswell Refresh go together fine.

Seems that your post is blank..?

Of course it does you goof

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W