Windows 9 - 8K Display Ready.

GoodBytes

Excited about Windows 9? Now, it is even more exciting, as it will support 8K Displays, Neowin reports based on a leak build of Windows 9.

What does it mean?

It means that the 512x512 icons that MacOS support for its retina display is no match compared to Windows 9 new mighty 768x768 full color icons. And to think we had 640x480 or 800x600 displays a couple of years back.

57267888.png

High resolution icons allows for a clearer, sharper, and nicer looking icons, that are also more detailed, much like icons from high-end smartphones. It also allows text to be much easier to read, making using the system, even for web browsing, more enjoyable, much like your high-end smartphone.

I am a strong supporter for 4K 24inch displays. In fact, I am all for shrinking it even more. Most people requests high-resolution screen on their phone (1080p being their minimum even) why? Well, as I said, better viewing experience. It's time to bring that experience to the desktop space, and make our system more enjoyable to use.

Concerned about gaming? Well, imagine if you games are high DPI aware, over lays will be more detailed, smoother and nicer looking, all by keeping the right experience we come to expect from the 3D rendered world in 8K. Sure it will need more GPU power, but I think by the time 8K displays come, we will have the computational power to operate them.

While this is all nice and neat, Windows 9 goes a step further by supporting even higher DPI settings for that future 8K display.

29066431.png

The checkbox is larger than your mouse cursor!

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-9-resolution-support-up-to-8k-better-dpi-scaling

lol win8 aint even ready for 3k and there out here preppin for 8k, idiots...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Problem is though, lots of third party applications are horrible with windows scaling. Fair enough its not Microsofts fault that much but its just annoying when the windows elements look awesome and other things are just horribly scaled.

How much space is that going to take? I dont want 10gb of high res icons when i still using 1080p xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Now will this me be throughout the OS or just in modern apps/settings? Windows 8/8.1 promised better scaling but half of the OS was blurry and looked like Shit.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

it is good to see Microsoft do some future proof actions...

but when will 8K panels be available? 

lol win8 aint even ready for 3k and there out here preppin for 8k, idiots...

That's because they stopped developing windows 8 and now all the new features are going to the new 'windows'

PS- it is not called windows 9

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Developers won't do anything until there is a demand. When people will start asking, this is when they will move.

A perfect example is the success of the Surface Pro line. Many artist bought the device as it is powered by a darn good Wacom on screen pen technology, and is well cheap (compared to, granted better in term of tracking, 2048 pressure point (compared to 1024), and 10-bit high-grade IPS display, Wacom Cintiq screen, which cost several Surface Pro's). Graphic artists demanded Adobe for PhotoShop to be high-DPI aware, and Adobe worked on it. Now, PhotoShop is high-DPI aware (or going to be, not sure if its out of not, I don't use this software) And the future version of other Adobe software will also be high-DPI aware.

But if people never asks, and refuse to upgrade, then well, it will never happen.

That's because they stopped developing windows 8 and now all the new features are going to the new 'windows'

pretty sure theres no "official" name yet :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Why the need to optimize for 8K? 1080p is still the standard resolution and I wouldn't even call 1440p mainstream, not to mention 4k which is still extremely new. How long do they intent to keep 9 as the latest OS?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Now will this me be throughout the OS or just in modern apps/settings? Windows 8/8.1 promised better scaling but half of the OS was blurry and looked like Shit.

Modern application are by nature high-DPI aware. That was one of the main point. You can't do a non-high-DPI aware modern app.

This is for the desktop app.

Modern application are by nature high-DPI aware. That was one of the main point. You can't do a non-high-DPI aware modern app.

This is for the desktop app.

Not all parts of the OS are modern apps.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

my point being is theyre leaving the shit that everyone is still using in the dust and looking for new tech that we wont even be able to obtain for years to come, like 8k panels. ffs the 4k panels wont even be mainstream for another 3-4 years AT LEAST if you ask me, maybe longer.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

my point being is theyre leaving the shit that everyone is still using in the dust and looking for new tech that we wont even be able to obtain for years to come, like 8k panels. ffs the 4k panels wont even be mainstream for another 3-4 years AT LEAST if you ask me, maybe longer.

Very few people use windows 8 compared to 7. Windows 8 was not a success, so that's why they are stopping development of it.

And the fact that they are making windows 'future proof' for 8k panels means we won't have the same issues we have with 4k on windows 7 or 8 today, when 8k becomes mainstream. This also means support for 4k, 2.5k and anything below 8k.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

pretty sure theres no "official" name yet :P

Yeah it's called Windows.

Spoiler

Developers won't do anything until there is a demand. When people will start asking, this is when they will move.

A perfect example is the success of the Surface Pro line. Many artist bought the device as it is powered by a darn good Wacom on screen pen technology, and is well cheap (compared to, granted better in term of tracking, 2048 pressure point (compared to 1024), and 10-bit high-grade IPS display, Wacom Cintiq screen, which cost several Surface Pro's). Graphic artists demanded Adobe for PhotoShop to be high-DPI aware, and Adobe worked on it. Now, PhotoShop (and I think many all the new or coming up version of Adobe software) and the rest is or plan to be high-DPI aware.

But if people never asks, and refuse to upgrade, then well, it will never happen.

Bad example. Microsoft had the opportunity to fine tune the os to compliment the high DPI display on the surface line. Some parts of Windows were blurry, didn't work with touch input and completely ignored pen input. They did a piss poor job at best. It had nothing top do with consumer demand, it had everything to do with Microsoft delivering a product they felt people would buy.

Hail Sithis!

Yeah it's called Windows.

what ,_, link please

what ,_, link please

um, they talked about it on a livestream a couple weeks ago, idk the link. Just google it :)

Spoiler

Very few people use windows 8 compared to 7. Windows 8 was not a success, so that's why they are stopping development of it.

And the fact that they are making windows 'future proof' for 8k panels means we won't have the same issues we have with 4k on windows 7 or 8 today, when 8k becomes mainstream. This also means support for 4k, 2.5k and anything below 8k.

By the time 8K becomes mainstream, Windows 20 will be the latest OS.

1440p still isn't mainstream...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I don't understand how people can possibly be so pessimistic about this news? If Microsoft didn't do this, then 4-5 years down the road you will all be complaining how Microsoft intentionally gimped Windows 9 scaling/resolution support to force you to by the next version which would have better scaling support.

Microsoft could cure cancer and I'm sure some of you would still complain about it.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

yeh cool so this stuff will all be ready and mainstreamed by the time im 32...

By the time 8K becomes mainstream, Windows 20 will be the latest OS.

No, because there will be no windows 20. Why can't people understand this?

THERE IS ONLY ONE WINDOWS

it will be called Windows and it will be the last OS you need because they will no longer be doing this numbered-update version scheme any more.

Spoiler

um, they talked about it on a livestream a couple weeks ago, idk the link. Just google it :)

all im getting is "windows 9" :P