Small ITX Gigabyte/Corsair system running Intel Pent G3258

Hi Guys,

So this is a little quick build I put together after seeing some of the really good reviews and comments about the Intel Pentium G3258 chip. The build isn't build to be overly powerful and if I would ever to actually build it, it probably would be used for a secondary/test PC or a media box.

Whilst deciding parts I kinda decided I would stick to a small theme with the brands I used, after looking I ended up going for a Corsair/Gigabyte style build with obviously an Intel 1150 socket CPU.

Full list of kit below:

Intel Pentium G3258 CPU which costs around £50

Gigabyte H97-WiFi ITX Motherboard which costs just under £100

4GB Corsair Venegence 1600mhz which costs around £30-40

Corsair Hydro H55 CPU cooler which costs around £50

Gigabyte GTX 750ti which costs £100

Corsair Builders 430w PSU which costs just under £40

a 60GB Corsair Force LS SSD which costs £35

and finally the Corsair Obsidian 250D ITX case which costs around £65

add about £10 for Velcro straps or wire ties for the cable management and this build comes to £475.

I'd say its quite a nice system for the price, and although areas could be made cheaper I think the quality of the kit would make up for that.

Would be really interested to see what everyone has to say or think about it? 

Also anyone with any good knowledge or experience of the Antec Khuler series CPU AIO coolers and Antec 302 cases, I would really appreciate it if you checked out my other thread in the link below as I have a pretty annoying issues I'd like some help with:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/218178-pc-build-using-the-antec-302-case-and-antec-khuler-950-cpu-cooler/

Thanks for checking this out, let me know what you all think, what you would change etc. I would be really interested to hear what you would build in this type of machine.

I have a Antec Khuler 620, and it works like any other AIO, get pretty good temps with it :)

Only 60GB worth of storage? weres your HDD drive?

I actually have all my media on external HDD's and on a NAS, but granted if need be I would chuck in a TB HDD and could function as a full desktop rather than just a media machine.

I have a Antec Khuler 620, and it works like any other AIO, get pretty good temps with it :)

I personally have the 950. I love it it keeps my i5 4670k at idle under 30c and under load I don't I'v ever seen it go over 50c.

I just have an issue because its fitted wrong and my case doesn't fit right. Wondered if this was common or just a mistake on my part. There's more information in the link.

Thats what I would do because 60 GB of space theres not much more then an O.S. and maybe 1 game and it would be full

Thats what I would do because 60 GB of space theres not much more then an O.S. and maybe 1 game and it would be full

To be honest, because of my person situation with the NAS for media etc and the fact I have a full high end gaming machine I don't need much more than the operating system, especially with Steam In House Streaming now if you have tried it. I would maybe move up to a 120 GB but other than that I would stay the same. But I completely agree this could be used more effectively with a HDD.

It's probably quite a bit of overkill of a build for a media machine. xD

Do you need wifi? If not then you can get a cheaper motherboard, otherwise this looks pretty good. 

It seams like a decent little rig I wouldn't mind one

Thank you :)

Do you need wifi? If not then you can get a cheaper motherboard, otherwise this looks pretty good.

Yeah you probably can, to be honest you probably could get away without it but I personally really love this board. It works great and since its sitting in the living room WiFi would be pretty handy.

I have one of these in a friends system and the AMD equiv in my girlfriends machine so I really like using them.