should i buy an ''extra'' cooler?

Mjonker19

I think i need to buy a cpu cooler atleast not sure, so i'm it asking here. When i play games like Battlefield 4 and other fps, action games my Cpu (i7-4770k) will hit around 80°C - 90°C. I don't know this is normal, but when i feel on top of my pc case it feels like it is melting away! (It won't i know, but still). so Should i buy a Cpu Cooler i'm not searching for the most exspensive one, something around € 30 - € 50 will do, i can go over that price but it needs to be worth it.

Same question for my Gpu but that thing is around 60°C what i suppose is alright (GTX 750 Ti)

Or maybe i need to get some Case coolers, because everyrhing is on stock coolers.

Yeah yeah, i know a i7-4770k is a bit of an overkill compared to a GTX 750 TI. i'm planning to buy a GTX 970, still not sure.....

a cooler master hyper evo will be just fine its around 30 usd so it should be less the 30€

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

That is a little high. If you have a z97 mobo you can spend more and oc, if not get some case fans and a 212evo

970 or 980 would be a good choice.

That is a little high. If you have a z97 mobo you can spend more and oc, if not get some case fans and a 212evo

970 or 980 would be a good choice.

With Z97 i think you a reffering to a motherboard or...

Sorry for not knowing  :D

And for the case fans anything will do?

The Coolemaster Hyper 212 EVO from Coolermaster is a good choice for your price range.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

With Z97 i think you a reffering to a motherboard or...

Sorry for not knowing  :D

And for the case fans anything will do?

Yeah, you can spend tons of money on fans but the cheap ones work too. 

Yes, if your motherboard is z97, with a good cooler you can overclock and get a faster cpu.

Please do buy a better CPU cooler. 

1) You have an unlocked processor.

2) The stock fan is rly bad. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I would suggest the ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2. It's a fantastic cooler and very quiet.

This is a solid cooler for the price, but for a little more you can get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I know people have already recommended this cooler, but it is excellent at that price and the mounting is very solid. Either of these is a good option over the stock cooler depending on your budget and space limits (the Arctic is smaller and cheaper, but doesn't perform quite as well).

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

If your case is big enough, you can get a massive heatsink for pretty cheap. I found a Scythe Ninja 3 Rev. B (http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-SCNJ-3100-Ninja-Cooler-Socket/dp/B009AF0DFI) for $40 on eBay. It works incredibly - I even tried running it without any fan at all. Without running anything too intense, it could last alright. My point is, if you have a nice big full tower case, you can and should - if you're not going for liquid cooling - buy a gigantic heatsink. I recommend Scythe, because you can get them for cheap, but they are still high quality.

You shouldn't be hitting 90C with stock cooler and stock clocks anyway. How your overall case airflow?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have a 4790k and im running a stock cpu cooler at the moment, and you should not be getting those temps. My idle is like 35c. I have been gaming quite a bit on onboard since im waiting on my GPU and I haven't hit 70 yet.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Yeah, you can spend tons of money on fans but the cheap ones work too. 

Yes, if your motherboard is z97, with a good cooler you can overclock and get a faster cpu.

with i7 and 750 ti he don't needs to oc the cpu .....

You shouldn't be hitting 90C with stock cooler and stock clocks anyway. How your overall case airflow?

Well, this is my first PC ever build by myself. I have a fan for airflow going in and one going out..... Sure the Graphic card got OC and Processor stock fan, but it is getting hot weird enough.