Sapphire Vapor-X red spray

MiChAeLoKGB

Hi,

today Ill get my new GPU Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290, and I want to spray it red, so I bought red plastiDip with it. The main question for me is, how to spray back plate letters (vapor-x).

Im thinking about classic wide tape and use knife (my father has some special knifes like scalpels) and cut out the letters, but I want to ask you if somebody has some better and easier technique, as I might scratch (cut to) the backplate.

Thanks.

post-142229-0-50171000-1411121092.jpg

you could mask off the blue stripes and spray the whole middle part red.

I think that would be too much red. I want to spray all blue to red, so even the blue stripes will be red after I'm finished with it :)

The thing is, it would perfectly fit to my old system with 2500K and P8-P67 Pro (Rev. 3.1) which was blue, but as now I have Asus Maximus VII Hero and everything is black-red themed (I even bought new chair GT Omega Racing EVO XL in black-red)... so, you know.

I want the GPU that has great cooling, but also would fit, and I decited that Ill go with Sapphire Vapor-X instead of MSI's GPUs.

Take the backplate off (obviously) then cover the entire thing with tape. push the tape down and you probably can see the outline of the blue bits. then cut out the tape on the blue bits and spray paint. 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Damn, I just got the card and it looks amazeballs, the color matches my rams really well, but I really don't want to again change my MB and soundcard :(

D'oh, I can't delete the message to put it to prev one? Oops.

//EDIT:

Well, so I did it during the MOD24 stream.

it was my first time ver painting of anything in my life and well, the backplate didnt go well. Some parts of the lines tear of with tape :(

http://imgur.com/a/Y2KeV (if I have to add it as attachments, sorry, Ill do it if you want).