Skeptical About the Lenovo Y50

Embattled

Hi guys,

I have recently been researching recently a good $1000 range laptop for college/gaming and I came across the Y50 from Lenovo. Despite hearing good reviews and seeing people recommend it I am skeptical of it because of the reviews of it on the Lenovo website. Many mentioned that the TN panel it came with was horrid and the trackpad was inaccurate. Another major concern I got from the  reviews was the battery life. A few mentioned that the battery life on the Y50 was considerably lower than other similar gaming laptops, this could be a problem as I am going to be on campus for around 7-8 hours a day. Are these reviews and my skepticism based in fact or does it stem from inaccurate info?

The reason I am asking if it helps is that my top pick for a new laptop right now is the Asus ROG G56JK which beats out the Y50 in all category but weight/bulk and the graphics card. The one tier higher graphics card I could go without but a one pound difference with a slimmer profile could make a difference on a crowded backpack in a big campus.

-Embattled

P.S. Anyone know where I can even buy the G56?