Now I just need the money for it.... great

CPU:AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 Ghz  - Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 - RAM:Kingston Hyper X Blu - 8GB - GPU:Gigabyte GTX 760 - Case:NZXT H440 Red & Black - SSD:Kingston Digital 120GB - HDD:(2) Western Digital 1TB Blue - PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W 80 PLUS Bronze - Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB - Mouse:Corsair M45

Only £469 for the MSI Twin Frozr card? That's how much I got my 770 for. And a 970s for under £300? Want. Want them all. 

tsVKLdC.png

YqUmOdz.png

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

We need better gpu´s for crysis 3 lol :D

Anyway putting those old benchmarks numbers from 1 year ago in the same graph as the new GTX980, is not realy vallid is it?

Diffrent test systems, diffrence drivers and what not.

im sorry to say this, but this video kinda sucks.

Just put those cards head to head, in new benchmarks.

This is kinda horeshit.

Your top 3 cards in the benchmarks are 980> 780Ti> 780.

I know that these are the old numbers from 1 year ago.

Because everybody knows that the R9-290, is on par with the 780 at 1080p.

At 1440p in some games it even pulls slightly ahead on the 780, but not by much.

This is allready shown in allot of reviews, but your numbers telling diffrent story´s?

I still dont realy believe that the 2048 cuda cores on the 980 beats the hell out of the 2880 cuda cores of the 780Ti.

I do understand that maxwell is more power efficient and has some improvements over the previous GK110, but we still talk about the same 28nm proces, and still the same cuda core right?

But yeah i gonne wait for more vallid benchmarks then this. :)

Well, it looks like I will have to wait for the GTX 1980 to max out Star Citizen on a single card!

I have a gtx 780 now, and was about to buy another one for sli.   should i get this instead and sell my 780 or would 2 780's be better?   as far as monitor's go, i'm either buying a lg 34" ultrawide 1440 or multiple korean 1440 27".  not sure which yet.  what do you guys think?

so what does AMD have in their sleeves?   Are they in the process of releasing a new GPU anytime soon?

so what does AMD have in their sleeves?   Are they in the process of releasing a new GPU anytime soon?

They indeed have theire new R9-300 series in the pipeline, but its not announced wenn they come out.

Rumoured spec´s of the R9-390X Bermuda XTX

- 4224 streamprocessors

- ~1Ghz GPU clock

- 7Ghz effective mem clock.

- 4GB GDDR5 Vram

Still this is all rumours

Well i placed my preorder on 2x 980 SC from EVGA, and will be watercooling them with EK waterblocks.

Im fine with it being similar in power to 780Ti since its still good upgrade for me from 590.

Tho my 1500W PSU will be like "wtf"

Well i placed my preorder on 2x 980 SC from EVGA, and will be watercooling them with EK waterblocks.

Im fine with it being similar in power to 780Ti since its still good upgrade for me from 590.

Tho my 1500W PSU will be like "wtf"

with 1500W you could power 4 of those cards men :P

Hmm, still not seeing anywhere to buy it in Canada, hopefully we get the same price as USA.

Think the 980 would get bottle-necked in my system at all? (specs in sig)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

I guess it's time to move on. Good bye my old and beloved GTX 670 - you served me well!

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

Hmm, still not seeing anywhere to buy it in Canada, hopefully we get the same price as USA.

Think the 980 would get bottle-necked in my system at all? (specs in sig)

It will not bottleneck, I'm pretty sure of it, a 4770K will be able to handle many more generations of GPUs to come at this rate. So you'll be fineeee!

Did I miss the 880 or what? :D

They wanted to make sure they mobile GPU series and desktop series have the same names if they're based on the same architecture, it's... er... I still don't get how they managed to "de-sync" the name in the first place.

Can anyone describe a PC build to go along with the GTX 980, preferably with an Intel i7 CPU, thanks!

They indeed have theire new R9-300 series in the pipeline, but its not announced wenn they come out.

Rumoured spec´s of the R9-390X Bermuda XTX

- 4224 streamprocessors

- ~1Ghz GPU clock

- 7Ghz effective mem clock.

- 4GB GDDR5 Vram

Still this is all rumours

I see!!  Well, they better come out with something quick otherwise they will fall way behind.  No matter how aggressive AMD becomes, Nvidia always manages to steal their thunder..lol!   Competition is bliss.

I'm ready to upgrade my gtx 670SC 4gb and was waiting for a gpu with hdmi 2.0/4gb of ram and thank God the 900 series delivers in spades.

I guess it's time to move on. Good bye my old and beloved GTX 670 - you served me well!

you and me both.

daum

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Does anyone know where I can get an GTX 970 with reference cooler? Love that Titan look...

Does anyone know where I can get an GTX 970 with reference cooler? Love that Titan look...

According to EVGA, the 970 will not have the titan style cooler

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Now to the hard decision, should i get a 970 or 980, my wallet says 970 but my brain says 980 :wacko: