When did buying Case Fans get expensive...?

Dive5885

Each fan is about $25 I can't honestly spend that much on case fans.

Just get some

Rosewell hyperborea's, they are the best for a cheap price.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I have 7 nf-f12's in my system and I paid $30 each for them and broke one by accident. Good fans are expensive. I feel your pain...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

I have 7 nf-f12's in my system and I paid $30 each for them and broke one by accident. Good fans are expensive. I feel your pain...

I love the new fans they have but you do pay $$$ for a very high quality fan!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Only thing I'm sorta confused about is how the reference cooler works. 

Does it intake air from the case to cool its self down or does it blow hot air out of the card into the case ?

it's a blower style cooler. Takes air from the case and blow it out by the PCIE slot at the back of the case. if you do not have a very good exaust system in your case, It's a good cooling solution since it doesn't exaust the hot air from the gpu into the case, but it is usually louder than the other type of cooler (wind force from gigabyte or vapor-X from sapphire for exemple).

Best value fans I can think of is Cooler Master Sickle Flow. They do run at 2000 RPM at 12V, so you'll need to slow them down a fair bit to get them to be quiet. If those are still a bit steep (they aren't but if you're running many they might be) Arctic F12s are very cheap. They come in several versions, too, including ones with a built-in thermostat.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Just trying to fill all the fan spots! 

3 Fans to pull air in & 3 to pull the air out

Na, go for positive/negative pressure! Preferably negative, so 2 intakes and 3 exhausts. What case do you have? And also the rest of your components?

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Na, go for positive/negative pressure! Preferably negative, so 2 intakes and 3 exhausts. What case do you have? And also the rest of your components?

I have the NZXT Tempest 410 with an Intel Core i5 2500K , 2 : 7950 Gpu's in crossfire , 1 WD Green and for cpu cooling I Have a Thermalright  AHP-200 Muscle

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

Given you want to replace all your fans, the best possible setup would for you to have 2 120mm intakes in the front, a 120mm in the rear, and 2 140mm exhausts on the top. That's not a very good cooler, so you might want to consider replacing that with a 120/140mm cooler for better thermals.

Something like this, depending on your budget:

Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-14025KK-RP 47.7 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($8.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-12025KK-RP 56.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($9.61 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $46.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-19 13:50 EDT-0400

I personally love the look of Corsair fans.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Given you want to replace all your fans, the best possible setup would for you to have 2 120mm intakes in the front, a 120mm in the rear, and 2 140mm exhausts on the top. That's not a very good cooler, so you might want to consider replacing that with a 120/140mm cooler for better thermals.

Something like this, depending on your budget:

Total: $46.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-19 13:50 EDT-0400

I personally love the look of Corsair fans.

That's not bad!

Yeah the cooler isn't the best but I got a good deal on it at the time. 

It has a 140mm fan on it and it cools pretty good. 

But I think I maybe should get a new one

Why do you prefer negative?

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Why do you prefer negative?

Overall tested to have the lowest temps, least dust.

The Grey Squirrel

That's my next product to get... Need to replace this WD Green lol

I think its already going to be loud sense I Ordered 2 : 7950 Reference cards to crossfire, 

Maybe I Can just get 4 and see how its goes. 

LEAFBLOWERS UNITE!!!

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

LEAFBLOWERS UNITE!!!

Hopefully it wont be that bad... 

I have an Aerocool Shark, and I think it's fantastic. The MTBF is rated at over a decade of nonstop use, and it has one of the highest air flow rating of any case fan I've seen. If you're limited on places to put your fans, and need quality over quantity, I'd highly recommend that. If you just want average performance with the best price to performance ratio, then go for cheaper alternatives.

Alsways good fans are not cheap to develop and make compare to crappy cheap one based on o designs.

Hopefully it wont be that bad... 

Yeah since this is a different card, I wouldn't be too worried, the older ones are said to be quieter with the stock cooler, but here you go :D:

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I have an Aerocool Shark, and I think it's fantasticy. The MTBF is rated at over a decade of nonstop use, and it has one of the highest air flow rating of any case fan I've seen. If you're limited on places to put your fans, and need quality over quantity, I'd highly recommend that. If you just want average performance with the best price to performance ratio, then go for cheaper alternatives.

Really? I had been considering those, but I've read reviews on Amazon UK saying they're not that great. The 15 blade design would in theory make for a higher-pitched noise which is easier to absorb by my case's mufflers.