Is this proprietary?

Lord Sparklebottom
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Lepai amps are cheap.

I'm changing up my room, and thought about a new use for my Sony CMT-EH10's speakers. Speakes for my consoles, but I don't know how because I have'nt seen this before, but then again I'm not very well known in the audio space.

Is there a subwoofer that I can buy that supports the speakers? Or just any other way to use then with a 3,5mm jack? Sorry about the bad cam quality, my surface has an AWFUL

camera

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

You need an amp. BTW, the gauge of those wires are horrible

You can buy jack pugs for them from any good DIY electronics store.

And probs this, it's DIY, but DIY is much better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-5Pcs-2Channels-3W-PAM8403-Class-D-Audio-Digital-Amplifier-Board-5V-USB-Power-/201089462773?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item2ed1ddb1f5

Compatible with Windows 95

That's Sony's patented CopperWire technology.

You attach the red wire to a compatible device if you're going to be using them in hot environments and the black wire if you're gonna be using them at night.

You can buy jack pugs for them from any good DIY electronics store.

And probs this, it's DIY, but DIY is much better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-5Pcs-2Channels-3W-PAM8403-Class-D-Audio-Digital-Amplifier-Board-5V-USB-Power-/201089462773?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item2ed1ddb1f5

Well, I have no experiense with this kind of stuff, and I guess I dont have the equipment needed either...

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

You need an amp. BTW, the gauge of those wires are horrible

They still work though. Most of those mainstream store-bought audio systems (from Sony and such) have wires that small.

@Enderman can probably give you tips on an amplifier since he has a crazy setup.

YES, this just what I needed, Thanks!

Please, can you go to Hi-Fi klubben and ask them what kind of proprietary interface that is? They'll go mental xD

No it is not proprietary, those are regular speaker wires. Depending on the size of the speakers, you may or may not be able to attach them directly to a 3.5mm plug.

You can attach them to a 3.5mm plug but they will be very quiet unless they are small speakers (less than 2")

So yes you will need an AV receiver or amp like the one talked about above ^^^

Also yes you can use a sub, but you need to tell us what kind of sub it is so we can tell you how to hook it up properly to your sound system.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No it is not proprietary, those are regular speaker wires. Depending on the size of the speakers, you may or may not be able to attach them directly to a 3.5mm plug.

You can attach them to a 3.5mm plug but they will be very quiet unless they are small speakers (less than 2")

So yes you will need an AV receiver or amp like the one talked about above ^^^

Also yes you can use a sub, but you need to tell us what kind of sub it is so we can tell you how to hook it up properly to your sound system.

I have'nt bought a sub, so it would be nice with some suggestions that wont have my wallet hurt

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

I have'nt bought a sub, so it would be nice with some suggestions that wont have my wallet hurt

Used home theatre (powered/active) subwoofer from craigslist.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Used home theatre (powered/active) subwoofer from craigslist.

craigslist is'nt really a thing in Norway, but I will look around

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

craigslist is'nt really a thing in Norway, but I will look around

Ok then :P

Well a cheap but new HT sub should be available from some place in your area, maybe an online retailer.

Spoiler