OLED 21:9 Pc monitor

NightMiu

Hello guys, just decided to join the comunity (hope it was a good decision :P)

So straight to my question, when do you think Oled computer screens with either UW or 4K will become available for the normal consumerbase and how much will it cost?

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

I don't think so for awhile. The largest Oled seller is samsung. They're more worried about the mobile market. For desktops they're standing behind their own version of IPS*. (pls)

I don't think we'll see it for awhile.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

My guess is that OLED will slowly start to emerge in either 2015 or 2016. I don't guess OLED will be cheap, especially when it's a new technology. But maybe in the future the technology will have matured enough to be cheaper than LCD displays. 

But my prediction is: 2015 1080p OLED monitor for $600... (Could be very, very wrong)

✌ (≧◉◡◉≦)✌

I don't think so for awhile. The largest Oled seller is samsung. They're more worried about the mobile market. For desktops they're standing behind their own version of IPS*. (pls)

Are you sure it isn't LG? I thought it was

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

I thought so aswell...

✌ (≧◉◡◉≦)✌

I thought so aswell...

Oh well Samsung is AMOLED and LG is OLED i guess. but some thing really they aren't going to make monitors for a long time. Isn't good enough for professional so they won't make consumer.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Aw that sucks, I was really hoping that it would be available within a year :/ I really hope that oled will replace the lcd screen eventually :)

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

Aw that sucks, I was really hoping that it would be available within a year :/ I really hope that oled will replace the lcd screen eventually :)

When OLED display technology becomes available to monitors, then I believe there will be no need for IPS, PLS, VA or even TN display technologies, because everyone will want to go with an OLED monitor. The reasons will be quite simple:

• No backlight bleed

• No IPS, PLS or VA glow

• Amazing contrast ratio

• Near perfect accurate display of colours. <— hopefully this one will be true

You'd have like the perfect monitor IMO. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

When I go to Costco every couple of months I always spend a moment gawking at the OLED curved TV on display there. It's absolutely stunning. It's also £2700.

Actually Samsung only makes small OLED panels for mobile devices. LG is the king of OLED, having a natural monopoly on OLED TV's, now that Samsung pulled out of OLED TV manufacturing. 

As for OLED, this is very interesting news: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/217581-lg-oled-can-become-cheaper-than-lcd

Hopefully we will see OLED monitors soon, now that OLED manufacturing is delivering such high yields. I guess the much higher DPI needed in monitors versus tv's are one of the key problems at the moment. Another is probably the high cost, although that should be irrelevant in monitors targetet towards the pro and prosumer market for photo and video editing, etc.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

• 4 months later...

LG just recently managed to find a way to bring back dead OLED pixels back to life during the manufacturing process, which greatly increase yields.

However, i bet they have stacks of "bad" 55 inch 4k OLEDs sitting somewhere. If someone with time could cut test each of them and cut out a undamaged 2560x1080 portion of them, if its available, you would get a 34" 21:9 OLED monitor, with the same exact pixel density as a 27" 1080p 16:9 screen.

Then fit it with DP1.2a+ and up it to 100hz (OLED wont care) and you have a dream filler monitor right there ^^

Sry, i had to... ive been drooling at the thought of a 21:9 oled myself.

This is a 4 month+ old thread, unfortunately I believe there's a rule about reviving old threads like this, but I won't report you (:D), just in future, look at the thread date and if it's, say, 3+ months old you may just wanna start a new one, okay? :)

@

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

This is a 4 month+ old thread, unfortunately I believe there's a rule about reviving old threads like this, but I won't report you ( :D), just in future, look at the thread date and if it's, say, 3+ months old you may just wanna start a new one, okay? :)

@

Ah, so i missed by a month, ha? 4 months is too old and 3 isnt, and these rules are strictly followed? Damn...  im a victim of circumstance.

I didnt really have that much to say to make a new thread.

Thx for not reporting me bro. I wish there was more people like you, the world would certainly be a better place.