New keyboard from Logitech G

Logitech g910 orion spark

So logitech just posted a some pictures on their facebook page of a new keyboard called orion spark

10547926_10152671094209871_5090728677785

There it is in all of its glory. I read through the comments and it appears as many find it ugly, i myself do find it quite sexy kinda like the g502. anyway, more specs!

The orion spark is going to feature full RGB backlighting, mechanical switches, 5 g buttons and a smartphone dock (uhhh).

Logitech is using their own new romer switch, which apparently is the fastest gaming switch in the world (mehh) 

10636456_10152671094384871_4213657577851

Anyway here it is ^^^^

It will have a 25% higher actuation point (I think compared to MX, not sure) so it will probably be most targeted at mmo/rpg players, even though itll probably do just fine in all other games. They will (according to the pictures) have a spring in them, and they are rated for 70 million clicks (MX's are 50 right?) so it will probably be fairly hight build quality bearing logitechs history of peripherals in mind. Also imho the key caps look very interresting, kinda edgy curved.

Also it looks like logitech is making some kind of app for android/IOS called ARX, it will monitor RAM/CPU etc usage/temps and the keyboard features a dock, (maybe it will charge the battery?) It looks as if you migth be able to control music and gaming modes from the app as well, also i dont think the app will work without the phone being attached to the keyboard.

10619894_10152671094239871_6477178859222

So whatcha think? :)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: AMD Sapphire R9 285 MB: ASUS A97 R2.0 RAM: Crucial balistix sport 2x4gb Storage: Seagate barracuda 1tb, Samsung evo 840 ssd 120gb CPU-cooler: Corsair h60 Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced limited edition Monitor: ASUS 27" and Samsung TV 38" Peripherals: Logitech g502, CM Storm keyboard Speakers: Some ancient JBL studio speakers

That's UGLY!

It's for kikoulol kind of guys

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Is that a smart phone dock at the top?

Note to self next time read the post don't just look at the pretty pictures 

Yea, I will just wait for the brown K70 RGB. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

@Mr. Tobzz, interesting. But I prefer chicklet-style keyboards myself. What's the difference anyway between a regular keyboard and a mechanical one? Always been curious about this. Linus has probably already explained this somewhere. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@Mr. Tobzz, interesting. But I prefer chicklet-style keyboards myself. What's the difference anyway between a regular keyboard and a mechanical one? Always been curious about this. Linus has probably already explained this somewhere. :)

Actually ive always used rubberdomes myself, but everyone i know with mechanical keyboards have told me that they would never go back, so i guess the typing just feels better. Also im pretty sure Linus did a vid about it, no sure though ;)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: AMD Sapphire R9 285 MB: ASUS A97 R2.0 RAM: Crucial balistix sport 2x4gb Storage: Seagate barracuda 1tb, Samsung evo 840 ssd 120gb CPU-cooler: Corsair h60 Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced limited edition Monitor: ASUS 27" and Samsung TV 38" Peripherals: Logitech g502, CM Storm keyboard Speakers: Some ancient JBL studio speakers

Is that a smart phone dock at the top?

Note to self next time read the post don't just look at the pretty pictures 

Haha :P

Actually ive always used rubberdomes myself.

Rubberdomes? :huh:

But everyone I know with mechanical keyboards have told me that they would never go back, so i guess the typing just feels better.

Hmm, that's interesting. I guess one would have to try one out in person to feel the difference.

Also, I'm pretty sure Linus did a vid about it, no sure though ;)

Yeah, I thought he had too, hence the reason I mentioned it. Maybe I'll have to search his various YT channel for it.

Rubberdomes? :huh:

Rubberdomes, wasnt that what you meant? The standard keyboard switch really.

Hmm, that's interesting. I guess one would have to try one out in person to feel the difference.

What exactly do you mean by that? xD

Yeah, I thought he had too, hence the reason I mentioned it. Maybe I'll have to search his various YT channel for it.

So ugly.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Old news... Haha, jk, but I did already see it a few days ago.

Looks good in solid color backlighting, like only Logitech blue. Probably getting it so I can put my new iPhone 6 Plus in the dock for extra information. Could be useful for games like WoW etc. I trust Logitech in making a solid new mechanical switch, as they did actually make the best sensor in a mouse, and the G402 sensor also works flawlessly with the accelerometer. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Rubberdomes? :huh:Rubberdomes, wasnt that what you meant? The standard keyboard switch really.

Hmm, that's interesting. I guess one would have to try one out in person to feel the difference.What exactly do you mean by that? xD

:huh:?

The price offended me.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

:huh:?

I think we are confusing eachother xD

I think we are confusing eachother xD

Agreed! Shall we start over? :)

Agreed! Shall we start over? :)

Hehe sure :D

So my friends say mechanical is better, i am using rubberdomes and i am thinking of upgrading when this (g910) goes live. :)

So my friends say mechanical is better, i am using rubberdomes and i am thinking of upgrading when this (g910) goes live. :)

I'd wait a bit for the first reviews before getting it.

It has (brand new?) switches so yeah, should wait until they've been fully tested and compared to the current switches available (mainly cherry mx).

Ah okay, nice!

Okay, so to completely understand what you are talking about I thought I'd do some Googling.

This is what I found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology

Now, is your keyboard a Dome-switch keyboard or a Scissor-switch keyboard? I'm guessing the former, but I could be wrong.

Considering Corsair are the only brand with MX RGB switches, and for all the hate Razer and Tesoro have gotten for not using Cherry MX switches. Now take that and multiply it by the number of Logitech fanboys in those discussions, and the answer is:

YOU LOSE MAN!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Considering Corsair are the only brand with MX RGB switches, and for all the hate Razer and Tesoro have gotten for not using Cherry MX switches. Now take that and multiply it by the number of Logitech fanboys in those discussions, and the answer is:

YOU LOSE MAN!

There is a big difference in using cheap Chinese Cherry MX clones, and designing a brand new switch.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I think the G910 is ugly, but the Omron switches are interesting. It sounds like a better MX Cherry Red, but I also want to see their reset point.

Ah okay, nice!

Okay, so to completely understand what you are talking about I thought I'd do some Googling.

This is what I found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology

Now, is your keyboard a Dome-switch keyboard or a Scissor-switch keyboard? I'm guessing the former, but I could be wrong.

Its a domeswitch g110 from logitech, im a bit of a fanboy hehe :D