MSI to release cheaper versions of the 900 series reference cards

LukaP

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/msi_to_release_budget_gtx_900_series_models/1

So apparently, they will sport the exact same cooler as a reference card, but will have a plastic shroud over it, instead of the magnesium one, so cheaper.

18051059804l.jpg

TBH it looks reaaaly ugly (500 series ugly) but if it will be some 30-50€ cheaper because of that, im taking it. gonna watercool in the future anyway...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

It looks fine except for the sticker

Well, it's actually not so ugly compared to how some of the older plastic design reference cards looked ^^. Who knows, maybe this will be the most competitive card of the lineup.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It looks fine except for the sticker

I guess you should be able to remove it no problem

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm wondering if you can reuse the gtx770/780 waterblocks...

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

If it didn't have the over the top branding, it would look much nicer.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I guess you should be able to remove it no problem

Unless it's one of the really annoying stickers that never comes off cleanly

@LukaP that's the 600 series cooler 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

At this stage the price difference is going to have to be pretty impressive to get me to buy one. I'm upgrading at Christmas and was looking at a GTX 970, but if the pricing rumours for the 900s turn out to be true, it'll end up costing the same as an R9 290.

Iv'e always wondered, whos your profile picture of?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

@LukaP that's the 600 series cooler 

negative

card-3q.jpg

and i meant 500 series ugly because of the branding more than the shape

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Reference GTX 580s didn't look that bad...

reference yes. but other manufacturers still did this crap. seriously who the hell thought that was a good idea?

http://static.pcinpact.com/images/bd/news/91252-msi-geforce-gtx-580.png

Unless it's one of the really annoying stickers that never comes off cleanly

oh trust me, it will come off ^^

rubbingalcohol.jpg

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

oh trust me, it will come off ^^

this usually damages the plastic irreversably. atleast it did on coolers of old. if this is somehow a different material it may not doe. do try and report back

this usually damages the plastic irreversably. atleast it did on coolers of old. if this is somehow a different material it may not doe. do try and report back

not going to buy it, but I was just giving suggestions ^^ if alcohol ruins the plastic maybe a layer of plastidip can do a better job of removing the nonsense?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

not going to buy it, but I was just giving suggestions ^^ if alcohol ruins the plastic maybe a layer of plastidip can do a better job of removing the nonsense?

no idea. we will just have to see i guess. hoping that it goes of nice

It looks loud

it will be the same as the reference design. the only change here is that instead of the expensive metal casing, it now has cheap plastics

I don't really care how my components look. I don't buy them for their looks. I'll just get the best performance money can get me.

Those stickers that come pre placed on gpus look like total ghetto garbage ass

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600