Samsung 850 PRO

NCIX: http://bit.ly/ZqVGOt

Amazon: http://geni.us/1ov5

Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSDs are a great fit for our server setup, but sending them directly to our server host would be a bit of a wasted opportunity... So we got Samsung to send them to our office, and Linus had some fun with 4TB of high performance SSD storage...

I was just thinking, I'll get ice cream once there is a LTT video to watch. I refresh the page and there is a new video  :D

Another video :D More SSD's :D 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

YAY more things to watch so I can procrastinate on my hw even more

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Wow, almost a dollar/gig for 850 pros :/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I'm tempted to buy 4 of these (for raid 10) now I just need to find my credit card... and do some maths to figure out what it'll do to my credit score 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Wow, almost a dollar/gig for 850 pros :/

A dollar per gigabyte would mean that just one would have to be about $1,000, and here in Aus it's nowhere near that, at 0.75$/gig.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Yes, come to the forum! We have kitchens!

#Sad I don't see kitchens much anymore :'(

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Nice! I do like the look of this drive, but it's just too expensive for someone like me, so I'd rather wait for the 850 evo if I was to get a 3D NAND drive like this.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I like your content and reviews, however, there seems to be no real checklist of things that you look out for in your products. I noticed that you didn't do the screen flex test on the Razer Blade 14 or the ASUS G750JZ. But the test was done on the MSI GS650 Ghost. :/

Bottlenecks, bottlenecks, bottlenecks!

Cunning how Samsung's pushing a new SSD using a 5 year old bus interface to consumers whilst servicing OEMs with a more up-to-date solution - their XP941 M.2 PCIe SSD. £400 for 512GB in the UK at the mo. Plus they've already announced the successor to that - the SM951. Apple will probably gobble all of those up as well?

There are no excuses for those with older motherboards. Grab a cheap £15 adapter like the Lycom DT-120 and you're good to go. Hmm... except I forget one minor detail. You may not be actually able to boot from the device?! Support only started with some Z97 boards upwards?

Okay I get it Samsung... ;)

A side note. How about a Techquickie on PCIe lanes? How many do we actually need and what happens when a system overloads?

Let's hope they don't slow down after a year or two like the 840 EVO's do!

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

Can we expect a 850 evo to be launched?

I'm from Sweden, so it's okay that my English is so so.

Can I have one pl0x? :3

Nah but seriously 1TB SSD, want, all my want. Shame I don't have nearly £500 for one.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

On-board RAID 0 not giving much performance? Are you serious Linus? That's why it's call Fake-RAID see Firmware/driver-based. It's crap!

Of cause your not getting much out of it. 

P.S. If you have the money to buy 4x 1TB SSDs you should also have the money to buy a proper RAID-controller. If Samsung send you the drives for free you should be even more able to get one.

anyway cool vid ;)

Does anyone know if the 850 pro has the slow down bug like the 840 evo does?