The PS4 And Xbox One Are Already Out Of Date - Round 2

dlf

Console is shit, pure and simple shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What the market really wants?

You are as incapable of determining that as anyone else.

Tell that to kids who say "PS4 is better than xbawx because of GDDR5 and better graffix."

I'd say MS and Sony know pretty damn well what the market wants. The market ≠ us. The market = us + the other 99%. 

And guess what? MS and Sony marketing is so good (and really, pathetic) that those arguments actually work on the simple minded. 

I'd say the market is responding pretty well to the crop of consoles (even the Wii U to an extent) that are selling very well. We might not like it, but when they are selling this much they aren't just going away. People will keep buying them. We aren't even at the end of year one for two of them. 

I'd say MS and Sony know pretty damn well what the market wants. The market ≠ us. The market = us + the other 99%. 

And guess what? MS and Sony marketing is so good (and really, pathetic) that those arguments actually work on the simple minded. 

I'd say the market is responding pretty well to the crop of consoles (even the Wii U to an extent) that are selling very well. We might not like it, but when they are selling this much they aren't just going away. People will keep buying them. We aren't even at the end of year one for two of them. 

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

M$ and $ony both knew, as well as everyone here, that as long as you put enough Ads on TV and on internet "journalist" articles...sheeples will buy up all the bullshit.

Too bad no single company has the need or benefit from a massive truth-filled campaign about PC gaming.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

M$ and $ony both knew, as well as everyone here, that as long as you put enough Ads on TV and on internet "journalist" articles...sheeples will buy up all the bullshit.

And thats my point. Those "sheeples" are AVERAGE CONSUMERS. Moms, dads, kids. Normal people. Casuals. 

MS and Sony are marketing to them. Not the PC Master Race. Not the console fanboy race. Just normal people. And they are doing pretty well. Sony more than the rest, IMO. 

And thats my point. Those "sheeples" are AVERAGE CONSUMERS. Moms, dads, kids. Normal people. Casuals. 

MS and Sony are marketing to them. Not the PC Master Race. Not the console fanboy race. Just normal people. And they are doing pretty well. Sony more than the rest, IMO. 

Marketing does not replace console performance, unfortunately.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Marketing does not replace console performance, unfortunately.

Nope, not even a little. It'll work enough to get sales, and enough to get a handful of great games a generation, but til such a time that MS or Sony are willing to take a major hardware loss, it'll never change. 

When was the last time you have seen a 900p or 792p TV?

a 1080p tv can output 792p or 900P

outputting 1440p is pretty pointless

extra raw power should be focused on graphics instead

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

World-class troll. this guy.  

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Really? My XBoner was that much, I don't give a shit. I have a far more powerful PC to handle my gaming bliss. I have the console because NHL, FIFA, more FIFA and the occasional Halo. Thats it. I know my expectations. I'm not QQ'ing that they aren't powerful.

The vast majority of console buyers DONT GIVE A SHIT THAT THE CONSOLES ARE WEAK! They are buying consoles FFS. They really, really don't care. You tell the average teenager or parent that and they'll say "Okay...and?" To many people, that shit really, really doesn't matter. We as enthusiasts have gigantic blinders on as to what the market really wants.

And these Forbes articles are so full of shit its pathetic. 4K gaming is not some benefit. 4K gaming is EXPENSIVE. You'll spend as much as a console (right now) just for a 4K@60fps monitor. You'll spend double to triple that on GPUs that can actually handle 4K@60fps. Its not cost effective on any level. The adoption isn't there. We are YEARS out from when 4K will be a "thing". Maybe in gaming I'd say 2-3 years for the hardware to be beefy enough and costs to be low enough.

But jesus the circle jerking is amazing at times.

We got it a year ago. Consoles are weak sauce. They always tend to be weak sauce. They never rock the most greatest of anything. Thats the nature of the beast. And every single fucking hour another article gets posted about how they are bad.

You aren't just beating up the horse. You lit the corpse on fire, buried it, let it rot, dug it back up just so you could shit on it some more. It would be sad if it wasn't the same pattern that always happens when consoles come out.

I agree with pretty much everything here. But a ton of consumers do care about graphical fidelity, hence the massive sales PS4 is getting purely because it is a bit more powerful.

But forget everything else. I want a Wii U to play some monster hunter.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

a 1080p tv can output 792p or 900P

outputting 1440p is pretty pointless

extra raw power should be focused on graphics instead

A 1080p tv can display upscaled 792p or 900p; yet it is pointless for downscaled 1440p?  Logic.

Extra raw power?

First of all, it does not have any.

Second, being able to play games at 1440p and 60fps is a measure of power.

A 1080p tv can display upscaled 792p or 900p; yet it is pointless for downscaled 1440p?  Logic.

Extra raw power?

First of all, it does not have any.

Second, being able to play games at 1440p and 60fps is a measure of power.

its pointless because developers will instead make the game look much better instead highrez  textures etc

(not to mention not all TV scalers are able to do it)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its pointless because developers will instead make the game look much better instead highrez  textures etc

(not to mention not all TV scalers are able to do it)

You argue like a true console peasant.  (or maybe you are one)

1. Make game look better INCLUDES higher resolution, higher antialiasing(or downsamping, which is a really expensive way for it).  It does not help much to have higher resolution on texture than your display resolution.

2. TV does not have to do a thing because output is at 1080p; downsamping is done by gpu...

You argue like a true console peasant.  (or maybe you are one)

1. Make game look better INCLUDES higher resolution, higher antialiasing(or downsamping, which is a really expensive way for it).  It does not help much to have higher resolution on texture than your display resolution.

2. TV does not have to do a thing because output is at 1080p; downsamping is done by gpu...

/facepalm

Obviously there is no 4K console around to show up the weaknesses in the PS4 or Xbox One like there were HD rivals to the Wii back in the day.

ummm.... PC maybe? just maybe?

and i dont agree with him on the 4K point. at the distance you are from the tv normally, it doesnt matter. what would matter tho, is that if the hardware was powerful enough to run 4K, it would mean that the games could run at 1080p and have incredible graphics effects.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

At least skin through the thing.. it doesn't take that long.

trust me it will a minute and you will see repost responses in your thread.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The part I laugh most at, is how these peasants denounce 4K, when their consoles can barely push 1080p at playable framerates.

The fact that they say 4K is visually indifferent immediately shows their lack of exposure to such technology. Possibly due to an inability to afford, hence reduced to substantiating their existence with a console.

this is not ignorance, They bought a shitty product,thus making a mistake, but because they are humans incapable of making mistakes, they couldn't have done that could they? Make a mistake by purchasing a bad product? nonsense. It's actually a fact that eye can't see above 720p.

and that's how peasants are born.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

Worrying about 4K for a $400 machine in 2013 seems dumb, and thinking that a short lifespan will be the result is even more ridiculous. It won't be reasonable to make a 4K console until at least 2018, which is the minimum for a full cycle (though I know that the last gen still throws people off and a lot of you think that 8 years is normal)

EDIT: Remember when "PC master race" was supposed to be satire? That's clearly not the case on this forum anymore. My gosh...

this is not ignorance, this is ignorance. They bought a shitty product, but because they are humans incapable of making mistakes, they couldn't have done that could they? Make a mistake by purchasing a bad product? nonsense. It's actually a fact that eye can't see above 720p.

and that's how peasants are born.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I feel that the conclusion should be

Current console generation came to early, and to late

They came to early in the way that they will quickly fall really far behind because of 4K

But also to late because the last console generation lasted for just too long AND because if they had waited for 4K to be achievable for consoles the last console generation really would have lasted wayyy to long

PS4 and Xbone should have been released in late 2011 or so, then next generation in 2016 ~ 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Oh come on. This is just pathetic first posting -.-

Great opinion op.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So basically in short, Fanboys are mad at forbes and the new consoles are still outdated.

Did you read the original article. The Forbes write claimed that the new consoles were outdated because they could not run 4K. When in reality even the most expensive and fastest dual GPU graphics cards Radeon R9 295x2 for $1500 can not run Crysis 3, Metro: LL, Battlefield 4 or Assassins Creed 4 @ 4K with 60 FPS.

4K is not feasible even for a $3000 PC, so to expect a $400 dollar console to do it is absurd. .

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Did you read the original article. The Forbes write claimed that the new consoles were outdated because they could not run 4K. When in reality even the most expensive and fastest dual GPU graphics cards Radeon R9 295x2 for $1500 can not run Crysis 3, Metro: LL, Battlefield 4 or Assassins Creed 4 @ 4K with 60 FPS.

4K is not feasible even for a $3000 PC, so to expect a $400 dollar console to do it is absurd. .

the fact is, these new consoles are not even running a 1080p most of the time. Why are you even defending them?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

the fact is, these new consoles are not even running a 1080p most of the time. Why are you even defending them?

"Fact" that you've done no research on. Most notable PS4 games are running at 1080p. And, again, build a PC for $400 that runs games as well as PS4. The consoles are certainly underpowered, but it's because the fact that there really weren't any better options unless they did something crazy like waiting an extra year and paying Nvidia's unreasonable licensing fees to get Maxwell.

Well that's not true at all now is it? I rather amused by your usage of "fact". Anyway check this list out: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

50 games as i counted for the PS4. 41 run or will run at 1080. 29 of them being able to run at 1080p @ 60 FPS.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •