Is the AMD A10-5800K good enough for mid-low gaming?

So a friend bought this case which came with a mobo, psu, and 2gb of ram thinking it was a full computer, and gave it to me when he realized he had no use for it. It's an HP case from a pavillion model, so the mobo cant be changed (the case on/off and audio ports are all in one piece) and it's pretty basic, so im thinking of giving pc gaming a go, all I would need is a CPU/APU, more ram and hardrive. I have I 120 GB ssd which I got for my laptop, but decided to save it for this, and plan to get an 4GB ram stick later on, so I was wondering if the A10-5800K would play newer games at atleast mid setting, with a 720p resolution.

Yes. But you will want no less than 8GB with an APU, trust me.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It sort of can, APU's also rely heavily on the speed of the RAM so that's an important thing to keep in mind when shopping for RAM. I'm pretty sure the sweet spot was 2133Mhz.

what is your budget for one?

and just remember that faster ram for apu will have a better performance. 

APU still not relevant for gaming if you want to upgrade in future.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/177677-dual-graphics-dud-intel-clobbers-amds-apus-in-budget-gaming/

Get an Pentium G3258, i3-4160, or 4330...etc. and upgrade to discrete gpu later.  WIth a regular CPU you won't need too much RAM(nor do you need very fast RAM) which saves cost.

The integrated gpu can play something like csgo and most MOBA.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

How old is the mobo and what chipset? I don't know about FM2, but sometimes the same socket will have firmware that can't handle newer processors (for instance, some AM3+ need reflashes, and some 1150 need reflashes for the newest CPUs). Your MoBo may need newer firmware to support the newest APUs, and HP may not have cared enough to provide that update, especially given their usual consumer base. Also many MoBos, especially HP/Dell crap, will not be able to support the speed of the memory you need to get the real performance you want out of that APU. I'd be surprised if it went higher than 1600, and I doubt you'll have any chance of overclocking to get higher than that.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the feature set of your MoBo may severely hurt your options. Look into that.

8GB of very high speed memory... Do not cheap out on the memory.. Use something like G.Skill PC2400 2x4GB or something.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I own the A10 5800k. The Apu runs better with faster ram. 1600mhz on my system. Just make sure your mobo is FM2 and can handle a 100w chip. APU's are relevant in gaming and way better than Intel's onboard graphics solutions. But remember you will be limited to 720p-900p in games. If you need/want 1080p gaming. Discrete graphics cards are the only way to achieve that.

i like the A8 5600k and the A10 5800k for a cheap builds (big fan of APUs here)

my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zpJ7sY

Total 450.$ (check my links down here for more info on this)

the A8 6600k and the A10 6800k is also a cool APU (a bit faster that the 5000 series)

but the new A8 7600 and A10 7850k are the best on iGPU (and the 7000 series can use Mantle)