Water block for Non reference cards?

Hey everyone, im looking to build a custom watercooled PC and I had recently bought a non reference gtx 770 (Msi Gtx770 twinfrozr 2gb) to replace and old card in a pc. When I had bought this card I didn't have the intention of building a custom pc but now I do. When I build the pc I plan to use this card to save money and maybe spend another $350 for another card. But I just recently saw that it might not work.

So my choices are I can do an

-SLI build but don't watercool the graphics cards.

-I can buy a new card (with the 900 series coming out soon)(Reference model) and just have a single graphics card loop

-I can figure out how to cool this current card. So that If I do SLI I will be able to cool both. 

The problem is that I do not know what will work on the (Msi Gtx770 twinfrozr 2gb) or how to go ahead with this in the build. If someone could help me figure this out so that it wont be a problem in the future! Thanks :)

I would not water cool a 770 just because it is not worth it. You would spend your money better by buying the new 900 series. If you buy the 980 (or highest end card) then you either have the option of buying another 980, or watercooling it. Watercooling mid range cards just doesn't make a lot of sense. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Ya that is true I just don't want to put this card to a waste that's all. 

Ya that is true I just don't want to put this card to a waste that's all. 

Watercooling would be putting your money to waste. You're not putting it to waste by not watercooling. There are air cooled 780Ti's. 

Pro-tip: Quote me so I get a notification when you reply. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

But is it possible to get a waterblock for these cards, for example will the (ekwb EK-FC770 GTX - Acetal+Nickel)  work on this card? I dont think it will.

Watercooling would be putting your money to waste. You're not putting it to waste by not watercooling. There are air cooled 780Ti's. 

Pro-tip: Quote me so I get a notification when you reply. 

okay :P

But is it possible to get a waterblock for these cards, for example will the (ekwb EK-FC770 GTX - Acetal+Nickel)  work on this card? I dont think it will.

There I quoted, im new to all this forum stuff! 

You can check what water cooling blocks will fit here; http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

If you have the gaming 770 they don't have a full cover but if you have the 770 lightning I'm pretty sure they do.

Sadly I dont have the lighting I have the TwinFrozr :/

Sadly I dont have the lighting I have the TwinFrozr :/

TwinFrozr is what MSI calls their after market cooler, so I take it you have the Gaming edition which means you probably can't get a full cover block but you can get a universal block and then passively cool the vrm and vram. I wouldn't recommend that though cause the performance gain is going to be minuscule and it often looks ugly (imo).

TwinFrozr is what MSI calls their after market cooler, so I take it you have the Gaming edition which means you probably can't get a full cover block but you can get a universal block and then passively cool the vrm and vram. I wouldn't recommend that though cause the performance gain is going to be minuscule and it often looks ugly (imo).

Oh okay, Ya I just looked into that and it seems it wont be "good" or the performance wont change like you said, so looks like im probably going to get one of the 900 series cards for the build, Thanks for the help!