My dad vacummed PC like the fans that where dirty and grills.

CyanOG

Your dad is lucky you're his son and not me, because I would have killed him. It can be very harmful because of the static electricity that builds up

Really? You're 15... You would have killed him over something that's easily replaceable? Not to mention, he's probably the one that bought the damn computer for you. You ungrateful little twerp! Show some respect.

The mentality of some kids these days is far beyond my comprehension.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Really? You're 15... You would have killed him over something that's easily replaceable? Not to mention, he's probably the one that bought the damn computer for you. You ungrateful little twerp! Show some respect.

I'm 99% sure he meant it as a figure of speech. 

I'm 99% sure he meant it as a figure of speech. 

You people think murder's a joke? I've murdered people and I don't think it's a joke.

I really can't tell if you are being serious, I hope not. Either way just because that guy likes to take everything literally and ignore context does not mean everyone else has to.

It was not even that dirty i had this build for less than a month and was planning to buy compressed air next month to clean it and my dad just didnt think at all.. 

Get an air compressor not canned air, it will save you more money for a higher initial investment of about $50 bucks for a cheap pancake air compressor.

You people think murder's a joke? I've murdered people and I don't think it's a joke.

*facedesk*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Vacuuming the fans and grills is completely fine, I do it all the time when dust starts to build up. You should be happy that your father was trying to be considerate.

Every topic I post in dies.

My mom spent $400 out of $1400 for my computer, I paid the rest.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Don't asume when you are 15 parents buy the PC.

Everything else, yeah, these people are ungrateful.

I'm 15, built my PC with my own money, but still am grateful for my parents for being my parents.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm just here sitting and looking at all the funny posts you're making like you actually know me and my family lol.

You clearly didn't even read the other post I made.

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Alright dumbass whatever you say, continue making a fool of yourself here for all I care you don't know me or my family I screamed at my dad because he wouldn't hear me because vaccum is on maybe? Ever think about that dumbass and I already said I had no knowledge of the guests after I told him how its bad because of static etc and we get along so don't talk about me or my family wrong fucking forum.

lmao this is starting to turn into a COD XBL party with all these squeakers talking all this smack about something so irrelevant...i mean even the ages fit  :lol:

Your dad is lucky you're his son and not me, because I would have killed him. It can be very harmful because of the static electricity that builds up

Oh my god, you've made me realize, that it might be how I broke my computer few month ago!! 

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I know I used to put that brush vacum shit at the end and start going everything, not just the fan grills, but the motherboard PCB, the GPU pcb. Nicely. And one day, my pc start but nothing, black screen everywhere!!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

The biggest question here is why did you let your dad open up your PC and do this? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I know I used to put that brush vacum shit at the end and start going everything, not just the fan grills, but the motherboard PCB, the GPU pcb. Nicely. And one day, my pc start but nothing, black screen everywhere!!

NONONONONONO! omg that must have sucked...i would have taken my anger out on that vacuum :lol:....unless it was a Dyson..those things are about as much as a high end PC :blink:   

Bah it's fine, it was my old pal, now I've got a new one and I wont do it again. But it felt easy and fast to just vacum ,the dust that way.

And Yes, One of my dream is to get a Dyson, so sexy!

Vacuums create static electricity. Static electricity is harmful to a PC.

I have always wondered about this, if both the vacuum and computer are electrically grounded (say in the case of a central vacuum) and you don't let the fans spin from the negative pressure of the vacuum, how much of a chance is there of electrostatic damage? This is also assuming that you don't physically damage the motherboard with the vacuum.

Bah it's fine, it was my old pal, now I've got a new one and I wont do it again. But it felt easy and fast to just vacum ,the dust that way.

And Yes, One of my dream is to get a Dyson, so sexy!

I feel you on it being easy and fast...especially since it would seem better than buying over priced packs of dust off and getting a funny look at the store when buying alot at once....then getting ID'd  :lol:....i want to invest in an airbrush compressor to solve this problem ...and yess one day (hopefully) that sexy yellow dyson will show up at my frount door so i can stop useing my dog as a vacuum  

I feel you on it being easy and fast...especially since it would seem better than buying over priced packs of dust off and getting a funny look at the store when buying alot at once....then getting ID'd  :lol:....i want to invest in an airbrush compressor to solve this problem ...and yess one day (hopefully) that sexy yellow dyson will show up at my frount door so i can stop useing my dog as a vacuum  

The technology that goes into that piece of vacuming is just so amazing...

A thread should be open about them...

The biggest question here is why did you let your dad open up your PC and do this?

Open up?

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

The technology that goes into that piece of vacuming is just so amazing...

A thread should be open about them...

tbh that sounds like an amazing idea i think i might just get started on that  :lol:

I have always wondered about this, if both the vacuum and computer are electrically grounded (say in the case of a central vacuum) and you don't let the fans spin from the negative pressure of the vacuum, how much of a chance is there of electrostatic damage? This is also assuming that you don't physically damage the motherboard with the vacuum.

I'd assume it would be like an entirely "pull" air system, just a stronger flow of air, but I wouldn't take my word on it since I'm no science major.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

static builup and shock is the only thing that could have killed anything

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

If I have to compressed air, I just unscrew the fans and vacuum the dust off the away from the PC itself. Then the filters, vents etc...

Just have a fan setup that stops dust build up, it's the best way!