Moto G 2nd Gen

What do you guys think......Do you guys think Linus should do a review on the Motorola G 2nd Gen since it is such low priced phone on the mobile market? I think an update for the LTT review of the Moto G is need and will greatly be appreciated especially since they addressed one of his complaints with front facing stereo speakers :) 

Yes I think he should do a review of the new one.

Im still ripping my hair out, I bought a moto g like 2 weeks ago! :(

I want a review of the new Moto G, Old Moto G, and the same for the New and Old Moto X.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Yes. And I'm definitely getting one as well. It's still "coming soon" in Canada 

"Rawr XD"

Based on the review by Erica Griffin, the 2014 Moto G has the same internals, with improved camera, worse battery life, and bigger screen.

I personally hate the bigger size and worse battery life.

Core i5 3470 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ | Kingston 8GB DDR3 (1600Mhz) | Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V LGA1155 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 2GB DirectCUII OC | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATAIII | LITEON 24x DVD-RW | Cooler Master Silent Pro M600W | Xigmatek Midgard II Window | Logitech G100 Gaming Keyboard | LG 23" IPS234V | Edifier M1380 | Bravo Audio Ocean Tube Amp | Sennheiser HD600 | Sansa Clip+ | Yamaha EPH-100

Based on the review by Erica Griffin, the 2014 Moto G has the same internals, with improved camera, worse battery life, and bigger screen.

I personally hate the bigger size and worse battery life.

It has dual speakers on the front, which is interesting. However, yes the new Moto G has a bigger screen and a bigger size. It also has all the same internals and does not have LTE as I have read. I don't like the new model because of its size. That is too bad, but it is a very good phone for the money. Nobody can deny that.

They say the front dual speakers ain't that great and couldn't even match the moto x's single front speaker

I feel a bit better now because I bought my 1st Gen Moto G DAYS before they announced the new one. I really don't like my phones to have bigger screens (although 5" isn't bad) and considering the internals haven't changed, I'm glad I got the 1st Gen now.

Smaller form factor for me, a good enough camera for my random picture taking, and the price made this the go-to phone for me. I can't wait for the 3rd or 4th Gen Moto G!

I was interested in buying the second generation Moto G. Until I found out I can buy a brand new iPhone 5s on eBay for nearly the same exact price. Only downside is that its locked to a carrier which I don't ever plan on switching from AT&T anyways (every other carrier has poor coverage here). I think its a lot more phone for the money, all tho I will admit I do love Android more than iOS. For the price tho, I plan on going with the better built and higher spec phone. All tho if the iPhone 6 never came out I would be buying the Moto G 2nd Gen as people wouldn't need to be getting rid of their iPhone 5's.

They say the front dual speakers ain't that great and couldn't even match the moto x's single front speaker

I saw moto x review and it's actually not a stereo speaker, the bottom speaker is the only one that works.

I feel a bit better now because I bought my 1st Gen Moto G DAYS before they announced the new one. I really don't like my phones to have bigger screens (although 5" isn't bad) and considering the internals haven't changed, I'm glad I got the 1st Gen now.

Smaller form factor for me, a good enough camera for my random picture taking, and the price made this the go-to phone for me. I can't wait for the 3rd or 4th Gen Moto G!

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed at first, then I saw the screen size and it didn't have that many changes in term of performance to feel left out yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely want to see a review of the Moto G (2nd gen) from Linus. I've been in the market for a new phone after losing my iPhone 4S and I'm torn between the Moto G, OnePlus One or Nexus 5. Marques Brownlee has good reviews of all three handsets on YouTube but I'd definitely value a 2nd opinion from the main man himself.