SSD suddenly stopped booting

LordErrorprone

Hello all, when I woke up this morning my computer wouldn't boot, this is windows 8.1 installed on an ADATA SX900 128G. I have since fixed it but wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and if I should be worried that it will happen again. When I first turned it on it appeared to boot but eventually got to a black screen, it would flash between a gray and black. I restarted the computer and the bios said there was no bootable media, I went into the bios and checked to see if it could see the drive which it could but it still refused to boot. I next verified that the data was still on the drive by using the bios flash utility, it is able to access the ssd and hdd. Next, I used the windows 8.1 install disc to fix the bootloader on the drive, it rebooted into the flashing black and gray screen again. So, I restored from a backup and now its working like it was yesterday, everything works, as far as I can tell all the data is there and I had windows scan the drive for errors, there were no errors though im not sure how accurate that is.

So has anyone had something similar happen to them and should I be worried that the drive is dying?

Well never mind, I was looking through the system logs and it turns out that an update was installed before I shut the computer down yesterday though I never saw one. A quick Google showed the update has been causing this problem for other people as well.

So if anyone has this problem it may be the update KB2975719.