Video Demonstrating Windows 9 Start Menu Functionality

RH00D

Windows 7 is worse.

inb4 hate

windows 7 is terrible compared to windows 8.1 when it comes to resources imo.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Old news is boring...

In all honestly at least to me it feels almost like M$ are operating in a tick tock release mode in these recent years, somewhat not unlike Intel. They released XP and it was solid and good. Then they released Vista and it was garbage. Then came Windows 7 which addressed the issues and once again it was solid and good. Next was Windows 8/8.1 and it reverted to garbage once more.

Following this pattern one might be lead to speculate that Windows 9 shall be? Solid and good again?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

And I actually like the metro UI

I turned it off quite easily because it took me to metro UI instead of desktop, i never gave it a fair chance :/

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Old news is boring...

In all honestly at least to me it feels almost like M$ are operating in a tick tock release mode in these recent years, somewhat not unlike Intel. They released XP and it was solid and good. Then they released Vista and it was garbage. Then came Windows 7 which addressed the issues and once again it was solid and good. Next was Windows 8/8.1 and it reverted to garbage once more.

Following this pattern one might be lead to speculate that Windows 9 shall be? Solid and good again?

Care to elaborate why windows 8.1 was garbage?

@Deletive I don't use it anymore either, but I like the UI of w8.1 in general, more clean looking

command line ftw

lel

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Care to elaborate why windows 8.1 was garbage?

@Deletive I don't use it anymore either, but I like the UI of w8.1 in general, more clean looking

Do I really need to bother?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Do I really need to bother?

Yes, do so. Unless you're a sheep following the 'hate windows 8.1' crowd

If you don't like the UI, that's your own opinion and that doesn't make the OS bad.

Yes, do so. Unless you're a sheep following the 'hate windows 8.1' crowd

If you don't like the UI, that's your own opinion and that doesn't make the OS bad.

Don't formulate assumptions based on subject matter you know little of.

It's not the UI, in my opinion it's a great improvement. It's not the architecture, again I think it's an improvement. For me it is the paradigm, I don't think it works so well for a desktop environment. Clearly neither do they, hence the changes.

I actually like this method of pinning to start a lot more than Windows 7's. I might actually use this feature in Win 9.

Don't formulate assumptions based on subject matter you know little of.

It's not the UI, in my opinion it's a great improvement. It's not the architecture, again I think it's an improvement. For me it is the paradigm, I don't think it works so well for a desktop environment. Clearly neither do they, hence the changes.

'I know little of' Right...

I've worked with XP, vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 and  I think 8.1 works just fine. I don't use the metro UI, and it works great for me. Those are opinions, some people like them, some people don't. Windows 8.1 is indeed an improvement, so you can't say it's rubbish.

'I know little of' Right...

I've worked with XP, vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 and  I think 8.1 works just fine. I don't use the metro UI, and it works great for me. Those are opinions, some people like them, some people don't. Windows 8.1 is indeed an improvement, so you can't say it's rubbish.

I was referring to the assumption you formed about me. Interesting though that you thought I'd directed that towards your knowledge of the products.

Why can I not say that it's rubbish? That is indeed my opinion (somewhat in line with their own trend of changes) as it is yours to the contrary. Is this not ultimately a subjective topic?

I was referring to the assumption you formed about me. Interesting though that you thought I'd directed that towards your knowledge of the products.

Why can I not say that it's rubbish? That is indeed my opinion (somewhat in line with their own trend of changes) as it is yours to the contrary. Is this not ultimately a subjective topic?

Of course you can say it's rubbish as in not liking the OS, but the OS isn't BAD, that's what this was about

Of course you can say it's rubbish as in not liking the OS, but the OS isn't BAD, that's what this was about

BAD is subjective though; in this context I can say that it's BAD due to the paradigm. Just like I said that it has GOOD points due to architecture and UI. For me the paradigm seems to overrule them thus ultimately swaying my opinion of it to BAD. Furthermore in this context you have chosen to interpret 'garbage' as BAD, what if I had meant it to convoy 'NOT GREAT'? (granted it's a strong word). This is however again, another example of how subjective this current context really is.

Lets think about this in a slightly different way then, was Vista good?