Question about 3D Modelling Programs

Unilision

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this kind of question or help post. If I placed it in the incorrect section, I apologize in advance !

To stay on topic, because I'm currently looking for a 3D Modelling Program that can put in place my current design of a desk that I want to make, however I need to figure out the dimensions, and lay out. I was hoping if anyone here knows any good programs that supports or provides these kind of features?

I have already attempted to download, FreeCAD, Sketchup (Would not let me install, showing the error "Key could not be validated" & Blender (Failed miserably). In such I was hoping if anyone knows any links to a good tutorial or a simple program is fine as well. Preferably free as well. Thanks if you have read this !

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Blender is love.

Blender is life.

Look at this sexy frog/toad I made with it : 

ibzvtb7ZzXuZEK.png

This might help you :

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Blender takes some time to get into, but it is more than worth it. In terms of functionality and features, it is almost comparable to expensive professional software such as 3DS Max, Cinema 4D and so on. It most certainly is capable of producing models and renders of the same quality. Probably the best piece of freeware out there.

Look at this sexy frog/toad I made with it : 

Dude, that is awesome. Give it a little more of a slimey/glossy texture and I would have easily mistaken that for a photograph.

If blender doesn't work for you try an Autodesk program. Inventor(recommended by me) or 3DS MAX. I have a good amount of experience with inventor, enough to do what your describing so PM me if you want help! 

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.