Logitech's NEW G910 & Arx Control

XTankSlayerX

Why are they making mechanical keyboards without Cherry MX switches? Is it that expensive to use them with your products, licensing or something?

seems like everyone is making their own mechanical switches now

Corsair has a patent on Cherry switches with RGB lighting or something like that.

I don't see an "it's fucking ugly" look from it (though it is).

It looks very comfortable to use for me, unlike a Ducky (they look very uncomfortable to use).

Just based on looks, not actual experiences.

I just want an MX Clear equivalent, fucking hell.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

The keyboard is hideous to say the least... but the ability to control, monitor, and change your device is a really appealing feature that has me swaying Logitech over Corsair for my next Mechanical Keyboard.  Just hope they make a switch type similar to blues.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I don't see an "it's fucking ugly" look from it (though it is).

It looks very comfortable to use for me, unlike a Ducky (they look very uncomfortable to use).

Just based on looks, not actual experiences.

I just want an MX Clear equivalent, fucking hell.

We share opinions. about the zalman z11 plus too!

Keyboard isn't that great IMO, but I love the idea for the software.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Looks like it was made for a 10 year old to me. At the moment I'm seriously looking at the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid I for it's simplicity and just a white back light. That or the new Corsair RGB but I think that's just too expensive. I wish they'd get out of this "made for gamers" habit and make sleek quality products instead.

What are the switches like (anymore details on that)? Is it like the g710+ (brown switches with sound dampeners)?

Am I the only one who hates Logitech's new aesthetic? Its like the over the top flashy gaming hardware thing gone wrong.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

To me it looks pretty interesting especially that ARX Control

Gaudy, screams I AM AN UNDERAGE GAMER, looks cheap, over priced, non Cherry switches, wrist rest looks uncomfortable. This is me being nice.

i don't like the wrist rest hope its detachable other than that its great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Not a fan really. I like Logitech and  I love my g710+ and my previous g510 but this thing just looks really weird and I question the build quality.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Quality post, but that is hideous!

I just want to get something out of the way right now. I love Logitech and they are the first place I go when I suggest a peripheral to someone or I'm looking for one myself and I would sooner go without a particular peripheral if Logitech doesn't make it. Right now I own quite a few Logitech products, K740, G602, G700, H600, Extreme 3D Pro, Z523, G27, and the K360. I've also suggested to quite a few people to look towards Logitech when they need something for their PC. So far everyone I've pointed their way has walked away with a good product and a smile.

So you can all trust that I'm being completely honest when I say that this keyboard is probably the ugliest thing that Logitech has made in some time. This thing, like most of Logitech's newer "Gaming" stuff is trying way too bloody hard to look like "Gaming" stuff. It's atrocious and distracting and it's completely turning me off the brand, It's got creases and seams and odd protruding bits everywhere for no reason aside from trying to look cool. Those keycaps look awful and to me seem like it would very uncomfortable after a very short period of time. 

As far as making their own switch type goes this could be good. I think the comparison to what Razer did is unfair to Logitech, whereas Razor waited for Cherry's patent to expire to have another company copy the design at a cheaper price Logitech has gone through the trouble of designing their own switch. Presumably this will allow them to lower the pricing of their keyboards in the future which I hope they do. On the other hand Razor chose to use copy cat switches that are cheaper to make and possibly of lesser quality and still charge the same price for what they call "Razor Switches".

I guess I'm just not "with the times" with all this focus on aggressive styling and whatnot but honestly I didn't think it was too much to hope for Logitech to make something with the sleek visual appeal of the K830 or a K740 but with several types of mechanical switches and macro keys. Maybe they will make some less offensive looking products in the future and I'm curious to see what they will do with their new switch. Maybe I could finally get the switch that I want instead of having to either go without or compromise and get something that isn't what I really want.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I think i'm going to buy this keyboard just to try it out. Maybe I will like it more than my CM Storm Trigger who knows...

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Though I totally agree with those who have said that the keyboard design left much to be desired, I must confess that I'm curious as to how the Omron switch used would feel like. I've asked the peripherals shop owner (I'm a regular at his shop) to let me know when stock of the G910 would be available, I'd like to try out the switch first before deciding if the G910 would be an epic fail....imo that is.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Looks too flashy to me wouldnt mind trying the romer-g switches though

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Not bad, whats up with everyone doing their own keys ?

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I like how everyone shit on razer when they came out with their own switches (well rebrand of another) and it seems like people don't care this time with logitech.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Anyone ripping on Logitech for not using cherry switches need to know that Logitech is not using lower quality microswitches like Kailh switches. The G910 uses Omron microswitches which are highly reputable and are used in high-end gaming mice and the Sanwa arcade joysticks and buttons that are used in widely in Japanese arcades and high-end arcade sticks.

I like how everyone shit on razer when they came out with their own switches (well rebrand of another) and it seems like people don't care this time with logitech.

Please read post below... 

Anyone ripping on Logitech for not using cherry switches need to know that Logitech is not using lower quality microswitches like Kailh switches. The G910 uses Omron microswitches which are highly reputable and are used in high-end gaming mice and the Sanwa arcade joysticks and buttons that are used in widely in Japanese arcades and high-end arcade sticks.

Exactly! Omron switches are pretty good, NOT like Razer's cheap clones of Cherry switches. I didn't even consider getting a Razer/Kailh keyboard, but wouldn't mind getting a G910 IF I like the feel of the Omron switch.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2