The most quit and effective cooling fan for the bucks?

byjayyin

I recently bought the NZXT H440 case to switch my hardwares to, and it had been producing quite a amount of sound from its standard fans even though I only have two to three fans operating at a time. I'm thinking of switching the fans to some more quit and effective ones. Ones that come in both 120 and 140 mm sizes are more preferable, but fixed sizes are still acceptable to me. Do any of you know of any fans like this?

I have looked at Noctua fans, but they're slightly high than my budget. I'd like to have somthing between 12 to 14 euros (I live in Europe). 

Fractal design makes great silent fans, and at a very good price too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I personally think that the Bit Fenix spectre pros are very good. High airflow, and the airflow is very focused, and very quite too, only 19 dB at max speed. Plus they have led options too. And won't break the bank.

Corsiar AFs are a solid bet, but you should also look at Fractal Design Silent R2, Be Quiet Silent/Pure Wings and Bitfenix Spectre Pros.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Phanteks has some great fans for $13 at Newegg, I really like them.

These are the fans that come with a lotta features and cool stuff in the box. Also, here's a review. Fast and quiet, pretty similar to Noctuas for half the price.

Good luck.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Welcome!!, maybe the corsair SP or AF

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

I personally think that the Bit Fenix spectre pros are very good. High airflow, and the airflow is very focused, and very quite too, only 19 dB at max speed. Plus they have led options too. And won't break the bank.

No they don't. There are no fans in existence that produced 19db at max speed. Massive, massive bullshit. They are good fans, but 19db is just crap.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Ap123

Aerocool ds 120mm/140mm

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

No they don't. There are no fans in existence that produced 19db at max speed. Massive, massive bullshit. They are good fans, but 19db is just crap.

Sorry, they are RATED for 19 dB, they are 31 dB maxed out, which is still very good considering most people don't run fans at max anyway. Also, being so rude about it is totally unnecessary, instead of being a jerk, recommend a fan instead.

Sorry, they are RATED for 19 dB, they are 31 dB maxed out, which is still very good considering most people don't run fans at max anyway. Also, being so rude about it is totally unnecessary, instead of being a jerk, recommend a fan instead.

Well, unless you are going for a benching run getting all the hot air out is really useful. 

Ap123

They actually good? You know from experience? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well, unless you are going for a benching run getting all the hot air out is really useful.

They actually good? You know from experience?

Seem good, I have to do direct testing to my other fans

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I apologize. The massive bullshit part was a dig at the fan producers but I see how that could be misunderstood. It just irritates me that they get away with lying so much in this area. There are so many fans where they write completely impossible numbers. But i apologize for my rudeness

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I apologize. The massive bullshit part was a dig at the fan producers but I see how that could be misunderstood. It just irritates me that they get away with lying so much in this area. There are so many fans where they write completely impossible numbers. But i apologize for my rudeness

Thank you, I appreciate the apology. I agree, there is a lot of B. S. with specs for everything nowadays.