Recommendation for a laptop with long battery hours for $800/£500?

AAplayer

Hi

Sorry if im in the wrong thread, wasnt sure where to post.

Im looking to buy a laptop for my sister for general use, watch movies online and light gaming such as sims 3 on medium settings if possible at 30+ fps. Sims is probably the most intensive game she will play.

She wants long battery life around 7+ hours , 15 inch display 1080p, thin if possible, fast with quick boot time(SSD for OS?) and that stays cool and not go hot. She wants one that is reliable and will last for like 4 years if it can. 

I am hoping to buy it on amazon in the UK for black friday sale. Also please show me what i can get for maybe an extra £50 to a £100.
Thank you

You are asking for quite a lot there with a pretty low budget

I doubt anything exists with 7 hours battery life outside of the macbook air or other high end ultrabooks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hi

Sorry if im in the wrong thread, wasnt sure where to post.

Im looking to buy a laptop for my sister for general use, watch movies online and light gaming such as sims 3 on medium settings if possible at 30+ fps. Sims is probably the most intensive game she will play.

She wants long battery life around 7+ hours , 15 inch display 1080p, thin if possible, fast with quick boot time(SSD for OS?) and that stays cool and not go hot. She wants one that is reliable and will last for like 4 years if it can. 

I am hoping to buy it on amazon in the UK for black friday sale. Also please show me what i can get for maybe an extra £50 to a £100.

Thank you

Hold on a minute, since when do we have a black friday sale? haha 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I know right?

Although some companies do deals on that day in line with the US

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You are asking for quite a lot there with a pretty low budget

I doubt anything exists with 7 hours battery life outside of the macbook air or other high end ultrabooks

Ok so whats the closest thing i can get ?

Yh there is, its global on amazon

so you basically want a 15 inch mbrp for a third of the price.

umm

you may be able to get an old macbook for that budget if you throw gaming out the window.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

so you basically want a 15 inch mbrp for a third of the price.

umm

you may be able to get an old macbook for that budget if you throw gaming out the window.

I just wanted to see if something like that existed. Looks like i gotta up my budget. 

Lenovo S440 --> 9 freaking hours of battery life 9!

But thats only if battery life is the main deal