Oh look, real gold Xbox Ones and PS4s

Aniallation

http://games.on.net/2014/09/finally-a-solid-gold-playstation-4-or-xbox-one-could-be-yours-for-just-15000-aud/

Solid gold for $15000. Where's the solid gold Define R4?

XBOX-LIVE-GOLD-AHAHAHA.jpg

You know how it is – you’ve just spent the past half hour setting money on fire and the fumes are making your throat hurt. Or you just finish crashing your private jet into your mega-yacht and the glare from the explosion stings your eyes a little. There has got to be a better way!

Well good news, my exceedingly wealthy friend – now there is! As Eurogamer spotted, Jumbo Electronics – one of Dubai’s biggest electronics retailers will be showing off the world’s first solid gold Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles at Games14, the largest gaming convention in the Middle East.

Created by world-renowned Italian jeweller Gatti, the fancy consoles feature a rose gold case and retail for Dh49,999 – or $15,000 AUD. Jumbo Electronics’ Head-Retail Nadeem Khanzadah was thrilled by the consoles:

We are particularly excited to be launching the most unique and valuable gaming consoles in the world at Games14, specially created by Gatti. Available to both Xbox and PS4 fans, the high-end materials and exquisite detailing of the gold consoles make it a great collectible item for gamers who love luxury.

"Rawr XD"

Gold? That's shiny and all (shiny!) but.... I wonder how cool will it be?

And anyone buying this along with a top-of-the-line security system? (provided you don't have it already if you have the money for this)

Where's the gold Deifne R4 you ask? Well, go to Gatti and ask him to make one for you. I'm sure he wouldn't decline.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

If I was Kanye West, I would have one of these

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

maybe while playing pong.

luckily pong only requires 1bit color depth so that might actually work!

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I always wanted a gold plated VHS player!

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Where's the gold Deifne R4 you ask? Well, go to Gatti and ask him to make one for you. I'm sure he wouldn't decline.

That's about the only way to make gold look uglier and less valuable than making a console out of it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You'd think that as rich as they are, they would just have a gaming PC.....

No, rich people probably want something that works out of the box and not something they have to fiddle with until it works. You know, such awesomly entertaining things as trying to track down the latest drivers and adjusting boot priorities. Let alone trying to optimize airflow and sorting out their cable management.

*I just got done drilling and filing holes in the bottom of my case to make the CPU cooler fit properly. Next step: shortening PSU cables. Never had to do any of that shit to any of my consoles.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

No, rich people probably want something that works out of the box and not something they have to fiddle with until it works. You know, such awesomly entertaining things as trying to track down the latest drivers and adjusting boot priorities. Let alone trying to optimize airflow and sorting out their cable management.

*I just got done drilling and filing holes in the bottom of my case to make the CPU cooler fit properly. Next step: shortening PSU cables. Never had to do any of that shit to any of my consoles.

You realize they could just pay/order someone to do that shit for them? To them a PC wouldn't be much different from a console, other than performing better in every way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I want a solid gold H440 or 900d, with a sapphire glass window panel.

Thinking about it, a white H440 with gold accents like the champagne iPhone would be GORGEOUS, finally something to match my Asrock board with gold caps.

Oh, and matching peripherals.........

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

gold should always be used with another color on larger scales otherwise your clearly just trying to compensate.

That's about the only way to make gold look uglier and less valuable than making a console out of it.

OP's idea not mine.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Well there's gold "grids" for your teeth but still fairly close

-------

Current Rig

-------