GTA V releasing on PC Jan 27 2015... Here's the reason.

ZacDaMan72

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52308/grand-theft-auto-v-release-dates-and-exclusive-content -  go to comments.

We're glad to see so many of you are excited for the upcoming release of the new versions of GTAV and we look forward to sharing more details with you soon. We are also incredibly excited to be bringing GTAV to the PC, but the game requires a little more development time in order to ensure that it is as amazing and polished as possible. Please do stay tuned as we reveal new features and information about all the new versions in the weeks ahead.

New features for next gen and PC btw:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities
- Additional wildlife
- Denser traffic
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

P.S. If you know how to jailbreak a PS3, please PM me cause I can't bother wait till next year to play...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

fml still no mantle support?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Great and now PC gamers should just STFU and wait. If it came out a month or two ago, unpolished, looking like sh*t and gobbling up more VRAM than Watch Dogs..

Everybody would be b*tching and moaning like crazy. Feeling butthurt and mistreated because 'game developers don't care about the PC master race'. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

How is it that people can pump out a new Assassins Creed across all platforms every year, but Rockstar takes over a year to bring GTA5 to PS4 and XBone, not to mention even PC?

Great and now PC gamers should just STFU and wait. If it came out a month or two ago, unpolished, looking like sh*t and gobbling up more VRAM than Watch Dogs..

Everybody would be b*tching and moaning like crazy. Feeling butthurt and mistreated because 'game developers don't care about the PC master race'. 

Most PC gamers are fine with waiting a few months, actually. You just don't see them writing "I'M ACTUALLY FINE WITH THIS!" all the time, because why should they. It's always a vocal minority that makes a group on the internet look bad. Also, it is extremely annoying to hear console players taunting PC gamers all the time with "lol no GTA V" when we all knew that it will be coming eventually and that it will be the best looking version out there. Let's just hope for a good port, I still don't trust Rockstar games tbh.

Wasn't GTA 5 developed for PC first then ported to consoles?

Only havn't released it so they can milk consoles and get multiple buys from people who couldn't wait?

Remember reading something about that before it came out on consoles.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Awesome! Now kids can learn to swear on their game consoles AND PCs. :D JK

I don't advocate swearing at all.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

How is it that people can pump out a new Assassins Creed across all platforms every year, but Rockstar takes over a year to bring GTA5 to PS4 and XBone, not to mention even PC?

because for a new AC, all they have to do is import some new models, animations, voices, package it up, maybe code a new ability and thats it. GTAV is on a completely new engine, that had to be written on the PC with consoles in mind, then ported to the consoles, then optimised on the PC again for a different hardware and API set, and then you also needed content and coding for that. it takes more time ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Probably because the length of the game as well as the size of the world is probably longer and bigger than all AC games combined.  Probably.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I don't get why so many people complain about the delay with the PC version? Okay, most of you guys probably didn't buy GTA 4 when it launched, but if it means that the game will run smooth on all CPU's and especially ALL GPU's (users of AMD/ATi cards will sure remember what I'm referring to) then I'm all for it. And it's not even like we just get a ported version of the game, we get an 64 - bit optimized game with some extra features, so I can't be bother with waiting another 4 months.  

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Probably because the length of the game as well as the size of the world is probably longer and bigger than all AC games combined.  Probably.

Not really. Don't get me wrong, I love Rockstar and have been playing GTA ever since I was a kid, but I don't think they have the most efficient workflow, compared to other developers. 

Amen.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Turns out console players being beta testers claim was right, even the devs are admitting it lol

People of the MasterRace wait and you shall be rewarded with the best gaming experience possible!

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

because for a new AC, all they have to do is import some new models, animations, voices, package it up, maybe code a new ability and thats it. GTAV is on a completely new engine, that had to be written on the PC with consoles in mind, then ported to the consoles, then optimised on the PC again for a different hardware and API set, and then you also needed content and coding for that. it takes more time ;)

A completely new engine? Are you sure? I thought they just upgraded the Rage engine like they had for Red Dead and GTA IV...

I think the fact that Ubi usually puts about a thousand people from about 15 different studios to work on each Assassin's Creed game also has something to do with it... I don't think the GTA dev team is remotely as large.

You know what? I'm happy that they are taking their time getting it over to PC. Instead of giving us a half-assed job like so many other are doing.

Props to you guys at Rockstar.

I'm pretty sure this is more of a money grabbing stunt rather than the game needing 'a little more development time'. Okay, yes they might spend the extra 2 months fiddling around with GTA 5 PC, but I'm pretty sure Rockstar have a perfectly working game. My favorite quote so far comes from the Sir Lawrence Sonntag who says...

'They're doing a 'ubisoft' where they stagger release dates, the idea being that if a game comes out on console and PC at the same time. The gamers' that have both will just 'steal' it on PC, but if you make them wait! They may buy it on console first and steal it on PC later. This way, they may be able to squeeze an extra sale or two out of the arrangement' 

He also made it clear that he's not saying everyone steals games on PC... It's just that many publishers believe that piracy is still a big issue! and with some of the things people have said on this forum about pirating the game, they do have a point. I for one believe what Lawrence says and will be buying a legit copy.

bCv8g.png

for everybody

I can wait, I already know what the game is like, so I'll wait for it and buy it again.

not going to complain because the devs want their game to be good.

"Weeks ahead"

Didn't they say that about getting more info on the "Next gen" version of the game... And it took from E3 till September for them to release more info, and the only info they gave us was the release date, preorder bonus ($1m) and that the game would look better (no shit R*).

Also to the OP, the games fucking £28 (new, £20 used), not £40, don't be a cheapskate.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I am not sure of whole discussion. To me it's simple, Sony and MS needed to shift unsold PS3 and XBox 360. PC version was delayed because Rockstar got enough to make the delay. Now similar situation is happening with new gen consoles. Not so extreme though as Rockstar must've sold tons by now. Hence not so distant PC release anymore. Improved draw distance, few new cars and animals plus folliage is few days work for Rockstar.

In short - 5uck it up. Rockstar is here to make money and MS with Sony is willing to pay. Release dates are bought. We are all willing to make changes for cash. So is the Rockstar.

P.S. If you know how to jailbreak a PS3, please PM me cause I can't bother wait till next year to play...

u dont need to jailbreak a ps3 to play GTA V ............

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

u dont need to jailbreak a ps3 to play GTA V ............

.. legally...

or he could go on gumtree and buy one for £10 for his £100 gaming console.

"Weeks ahead"

Didn't they say that about getting more info on the "Next gen" version of the game... And it took from E3 till September for them to release more info, and the only info they gave us was the release date, preorder bonus ($1m) and that the game would look better (no shit R*).

Also to the OP, the games fucking  (new, £20 used), not £40, don't be a cheapskate.

Wait, the PC version will seriously be $45 (£28) at release? If this is true I might actually get it first day. There's no way I would ever preorder anything, but $45 is a fair price for a new game.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

A completely new engine? Are you sure? I thought they just upgraded the Rage engine like they had for Red Dead and GTA IV...

I think the fact that Ubi usually puts about a thousand people from about 15 different studios to work on each Assassin's Creed game also has something to do with it... I don't think the GTA dev team is remotely as large.

yeah its an iteration of rage, but its still loads of new code that has to be tested and optimised for so many platforms. 

and numbers alone too yeah. didnt even think of that

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wait, the PC version will seriously be $45 (£28) at release? If this is true I might actually get it first day. There's no way I would ever preorder anything, but $45 is a fair price for a new game.

i think he meant the PS3 version price. As for why he mention that, because the thread starter mention about jailbreaking ps3 and that might meant to install pirated gta v.