TV choices

critsalot
So my main living room TV died and I was thinking about getting a new one. I went to best buy to look at them and I noticed a few tvs that interested me.

One was the OLED LG 55EC9300 . They had their flower demo and i was impressed by the colors. I had heard OLED had good blacks and it looked that way. However, it didnt look that sharp. I went to another best buy and they were playing the dark knight and i noticed the same thing. It kinda looked like a water painting close up. It wasn't super noticeable but I did notice it especially during transitions.

The second one was a curved 4k Samsung. I think it was the UN55HU9000FXZA and their Samsung demo looked really nice. Granted it was a demo but I'm like damn its so sharp. It also had good colors it seemed. Like it didn't look washed out which made me question whether it would be better to get that instead of the LG OLED.

The third one below the other Samsung was a 4k flat. I think it was UN55HU8550FXZA. it looked just as sharp as the curved one(don't really care about the curve) and had a cheaper price tag, about 1k+ less. However the colors seemed washed out compared to the other displays. 

So here is the following questions:

1. Does anyone have any of these products and what are your experiences.
  2. Do you think the issue with OLED just because they kept playing the same demo over again. 
  3. Would you get OLED or 4k?
  4. Is it possible the cheaper panel to have better colors or would you recommend going for the higher end one. 
  5. What features matter to you for getting a TV.

Personally I wouldn't go 4K at this time. By the time 4K comes to consumers in the way of actually having Movie/TV Show content, the TV's themselves will have a much better picture and more features. I would choose OLED over 4K at this point in time, until we get content for 4K, there is no point IMO.

Get the one that looks best to your eyes and meets your ideal price point.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Between OLED and 4K, I'd probably go with OLED.

Personally, i'd get a much bigger screen even if it is not 4K or OLED. I might be able to get a Sharp LC-80LE650U for not much more.

1. NO, but sold them. OLED is Winner because of the colors and blacklevels. The curve TV from samsung is bullshit written all over it, color shapes off when I walk to a side. Samsung sells you for having extreme high contrast.
I say to every costumer don't look at the color, Look at the motion, sharpness and color accurateness.

2. How close were you standing?  :lol:

3. 4K is cheaper. 

4. I recomend the AX900 (4k) from Panasonic (rivals plasma perfection and contrast)

5. screen quality and size, most people "insert HUGE number here" inch TV for there small living room. (you start watching from left to right and your eyes get tired from that, relaxing huh) 

I prefer the Japanese TV, I find them better in every way. (Pioneer Kuro FTW)

5. screen quality and size, most people "insert HUGE number here" inch TV for there small living room. (you start watching from left to right and your eyes get tired from that, relaxing huh)

As long as the quality is acceptable, most people will benefit from the larger screen size. THX defines the immersive image size range to be 26 to 36 degrees horizontal field of view. For a mere 12 foot distance, a 75" to a 110" screen would be prefered to recreate the cinematic experience. This is the reason why people often go for projectors when building a home theater.

A large screen may seem disconcerting at first, but as soon as you get used to it, anything smaller would just look inadequate.

Though different people would have unique priorities, an acceptable image at the right size is the practical route to shopping for a screen. If the budget allows for a nicer screen, then of course that would be highly welcome.