You shouldn't give up on Destiny yet.

Jerakl

So I found this interesting, if you guys haven't been living under a rock, you may have heard destiny got some pretty negative reviews at launch. I think this article addresses it nicely and having played a few F2P MMORPG I agree with everything the author says. I know a lot of people aren't buying Destiny due to the Launch day reviews. But for all this is sacred, it's an MMO! MMOs have a tendency to be a bit of a mess at launch. At least from my experience.

Anyways, even before reading the article I new I was going to end up buying Destiny for PC. After reading the article, what do you guys think?

Totally forgot to link the article.

http://tay.kotaku.com/you-shouldnt-give-up-on-destiny-just-yet-1634394198/+andrasneltz?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

So I found this interesting, if you guys haven't been living under a rock, you may have heard destiny got some pretty negative reviews at launch. I think this article addresses it nicely and having played a few F2P MMORPG I agree with everything the author says. I know a lot of people aren't buying Destiny due to the Launch day reviews. But for all this is sacred, it's an MMO! MMOs have a tendency to be a bit of a mess at launch. At least from my experience.

Anyways, even before reading the article I new I was going to end up buying Destiny for PC. After reading the article, what do you guys think?

You forgot to link the article OP

You forgot to link the article OP

Indeed I did!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I think it's 2014, there shouldn't be an excuse for a game to be bad on launch day.

Developers need to learn to do extensive testing to iron out all of the things before-hand.

I do realize there are bugs that get patched up that the customer will never, ever see, but my point still stands. I don't give games or developers the benefit of the doubt anymore when it comes to things that could be a simple fix, or just needed to be tested before launch.

Yes, I know things just happen that can't be foreseen, but there are a lot of mechanics and such that should have been fixed up before launch.

I hate how people call it an MMO when it's not. The most people I've seen in a given zone is like 4 other people when a single zone only holds 6 and when you enter another micro zone within a zone they vanish to their own instance.

In general Destiny lacks a lot of things that it shouldn't be lacking and focuses ALL of its efforts at being "fun" and rewarding for after you reach level 20, which you will reach in 12-15 hours, and beyond. 

It's a first person shooter with randomized online interactions and is co-op centric.

I think it's 2014, there shouldn't be an excuse for a game to be bad on launch day.

Developers need to learn to do extensive testing to iron out all of the things before-hand.

I do realize there are bugs that get patched up that the customer will never, ever see, but my point still stands. I don't give games or developers the benefit of the doubt anymore when it comes to things that could be a simple fix, or just needed to be tested before launch.

Yes, I know things just happen that can't be foreseen, but there are a lot of mechanics and such that should have been fixed up before launch.

So far I haven't seen any bugs aside from a random disconnect here and there and those are quite rare.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Give up?

Give up?

I gave up on Destiny when they announced it was a shooter. So... 2011?

So far I haven't seen any bugs aside from a random disconnect here and there and those are quite rare.

I get that for bugs, but I'm not even specifically talking about just bugs, but everything about the game.

Bungie said that their game gets better about 20 hours into it, which is so fucking retarded. I'm sick and tired of every game that has potential to be something fantastic be ruined by something as stupid as putting all of the fun stuff into the end-game content, or in bungie's case, 20 hours into the game. It's a poor excuse. The game should be "fun", "better" and "open-up" (another excuse a lot of MMO devs use) at the beginning.

It was an okay game just over-hyped 6/10

EDIT: Baba Ji approved

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I get that for bugs, but I'm not even specifically talking about just bugs, but everything about the game.

Bungie said that their game gets better about 20 hours into it, which is so fucking retarded. I'm sick and tired of every game that has potential to be something fantastic be ruined by something as stupid as putting all of the fun stuff into the end-game content, or in bungie's case, 20 hours into the game. It's a poor excuse. The game should be "fun", "better" and "open-up" (another excuse a lot of MMO devs use) at the beginning.

You're right in that respect. They force you to complete a weak ass story with no depth or you cannot earn above uncommon grade equipment no matter the level as the "story" was designed to speed you to level 20 ASAP. All the lore is hidden away in codex entries that must be accessed through Bungie.net.

After being sped through all the levels you must do some random strikes and Crucible to earn starter gear which is used to earn Legendary and Rare level gear to grind out upgrades to boost your light which pushes you past 20 to do the raids. And that's it.

10/10 : it was ok

ign jokes aside, I dont think it will get any better for destiny. The fact that you have to be online and that you cannot use guest accounts for a split screen on line experience i know has put off allot of console gamers. It is straying to far away from what the typical console gamer wants. It honestly would be better as a pc title in my eyes. An mmo just doesn't work well on consoles. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You're right in that respect. They force you to complete a weak ass story with no depth or you cannot earn above uncommon grade equipment no matter the level as the "story" was designed to speed you to level 20 ASAP. All the lore is hidden away in codex entries that must be accessed through Bungie.net.

After being sped through all the levels you must do some random strikes and Crucible to earn starter gear which is used to earn Legendary and Rare level gear to grind out upgrades to boost your light which pushes you past 20 to do the raids. And that's it.

Amen.

I keep telling my friends I met through other MMO's, if I ever somehow by the grace of the money gods that a billion dollars comes into my possession, I will form a studio and we will not make a second-rate game with lazy designs like that. 

Amen.

I keep telling my friends I met through other MMO's, if I ever somehow by the grace of the money gods that a billion dollars comes into my possession, I will form a studio and we will not make a second-rate game with lazy designs like that. 

It also suffers from the "we'll get to it later" itus.

Point of bonus for it: Amazing sound track.

I haven't played it yet (though I do plan to, hopefully soon) but from what I have read about the game, it seems to me that it's suffering from the "10 year franchise" moniker set up from the beginning. It seems that this first game is really just set up for the inevitable DLC/sequels. It's setting up story, gameplay, characters. It's giving you a taste of what to come in the next 10 years so it spreads itself too thin. It's almost like they're trying to start with the width and breadth of story and gameplay in the first game that took Halo the full 10 years to get to.

That said, I would definitely not count it out quite yet. They still have the potential to make Destiny a really good franchise. We know Bungie has the ability to make a full fledged world with awesome gameplay. I'd give it a year or so before counting it out. Though, with this really slow and stale start, there might not be enough people that are kept interested for long enough to get to that point.

Of course, that's a somewhat uninformed opinion based on everything I'm hearing without having played the game yet. So take it for the half cent it's worth.

Already playing the hell outta the game...... have been since the midnight launchv

I'm waiting until the PC release. Which will leave me waiting a while. At least I'll have GTA V!

Destiny looks good Y'all. I like the design and after watching a few streams, it looks really fun to play. Plus, by the time it comes out on PC they will have solved most of the issues (I hope :P)

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

I'm waiting until the PC release. Which will leave me waiting a while. At least I'll have GTA V!

ill play it just as much on pc

This game had ideas going back to 2002, development at least started in 2008/2009, millions went into this title, maybe not the estimated 500 million that was reported but I'd beg to wager that an absolute fuck-tonne was put forward.

So, when I look at this game, I try to think of a game that was being developed for almost a decade and had millions of dollars behind it, with that in consideration holy fuck this game is an absolute piece of shit.

Also, completely separate from the game itself and any previously mentioned aspects, the fact that during Gamescom 2014 they mentioned they had an 'expansion pack' that was going to be available in december, game wasn't even fucking out and they already relegating content to be shoved up your arse for a premium cost at a later date. There's also the fact that their is exclusive Playstation content, at least exclusive until mid 2015 but regardless, platform exclusive content on a title that isn't exclusively on a platform is just a big fuck you to consumers. We say this Kojima and Konami's wank that was Ground Zeroes which had platform exclusive content but as far as I can recall they eventually decided that they didn't want to continue being called cunts and realized that they were cunts and fixed it. (There was also a bonus item for those who had bought the latest CoD, more bullshit tactics.)

Now about the actual game, why, why take the worst aspects of an MMO? Levels, gear grind, having to replay content over and over. Oh look, you can do higher level content, oh wait, it's just an earlier level but with harder enemies, but you need that new gear, you're going to have to run this mission a hundred fucking times but whatever.

This game is a fucking joke, a complete fucking joke. The fact that thousands and millions of people love it just goes to show how fucking sheep people are and they'll suck the cock of any flashy thing thrown in their pissy fucking faces.

Destiny is a joke.

End of story.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Destiny? you mean the song by Syntax? If that it, then HELL YEAH don't give up!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold