Air Conditioning

I am currently new to the forums, but I have watched a lot of the WAN shows and a lot of LinusTechTips youtube videos.  With that said, I know that summer is now over, and I know Linus hates air conditioning, so I found this youtube video and figured I would post it here so their next summer can be a cooler one.

With that said, what are everyone's thoughts on this? It seems interesting to me and I think I will be trying it next summer!  

Yeah you can do it with a bucket of ice water too.

But Linus said no.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They have whole room watercooling now so the heat won't be as intense. It will be around outside temperature + fans they have so I think the temperature is a non-issue now.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Whole room water cooling is unique but 2 window air conditions would have been much better and cheaper. You cant create a video series or project out of that though so I understand why/ plus they get upgrades so why not?.

That's a poor(er) mans Swamp Cooler, just buy a swamp cooler they make them in pretty much all sizes. I wouldn't have it in the same room or house as my computer though, nothing like damp air and a computer, oh I can see the threads now :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

It depends how much humidity. If its high swamp coolers are useless. Buy a proper unit. Why would Linus hate AC?  

Whole room water cooling is unique but 2 window air conditions would have been much better and cheaper. You cant create a video series or project out of that though so I understand why/ plus they get upgrades so why not?.

Air conditioning has extremely high running costs, all that electricity, especially as it would be running virtually continuously for days and weeks at a time.

The whole room water cooling has a higher upfront cost but Linus got a lot of the parts for free/highly discounted. Running costs are fairly low as it would mostly be replacing fluid periodically.

But the thing is, how are you going to install window air conditioners on a sliding window? I have always want to buy one for my college dorm, but that sliding window, man, I just have no idea how to install an ac on that thing.

Kaboom!

Another Graphics Card just exploded.

But the thing is, how are you going to install window air conditioners on a sliding window? I have always want to buy one for my college dorm, but that sliding window, man, I just have no idea how to install an ac on that thing.

dsc00552wb6.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

But swamp coolers I think aren't efficient here in California, especially with drought. A bucket of ice is an even bigger waste of water.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D