PSU can the output location be changed to the side?

kraxe_tk

Is it difficult to manufacture a psu with the outputs on the side?  Then you wont see as much cables, of course the case has to be made to have room for it as well.  

That wouldn't be compatible with many cases and it'd be easier for a case to come with a power cable pass-through .

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That wouldn't be compatible with many cases and it'd be easier for a case to come with a power cable pass-through .

OP means to move the ports from the inside (facing front) to the side (facing the non-windowed side) of the case.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

OP means to move the ports from the inside (facing front) to the side (facing the non-windowed side) of the case.

Though I don't know for sure, I am pretty sure he knew. It would be a very difficult feat though, one that at the least is not compatible with most cases on the market today.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

No because then you would need an extra inch or two of space for the cables to bend up to your motherboard, making the case extra wide.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It can be done, but considering almost no case supports it and narrow cases would have to be made wider to accomodate the terminals and cable heads, it would become a rather tiresome task to do so. Smart idea though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yes it should be theoretically possible...But it would mean that cases would have to be wider to accommodate the connectors, you wouldn't simply be able to "slide" psu's in and out of the case, you'd have to remove all wires before doing so, therefore, non-modular psu's with side-ways cables would be incredibly unpopular because it's hard to move it in and out. etc. etc. problems everywhere imo

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I don't see why this couldn't be done.  As of now I cant see a company doing it because they would sell almost no units.  No case would be compatible.  That being said, You could probably mod a psu and case to work this way.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I got it....wireless wires... :lol:

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Cases are getting wider and wider.  The Enthoo pro got like 27mm back there.  Then the Enthoo comes with a shroud, but it takes up air space.

like this psu.png

Why not just get the silverstone SFX PSU and just hide it somewhere and reroute the power cable using an extension instead of moving around the plug on a regular PSU. Also how would that help in anyway since you still need to then route a cable out of the case for power even if it was a Enthroo pro.

Why not just get the silverstone SFX PSU and just hide it somewhere and reroute the power cable using an extension instead of moving around the plug on a regular PSU. Also how would that help in anyway since you still need to then route a cable out of the case for power even if it was a Enthroo pro.

SFX PSU's are low wattage....

SFX PSU's are low wattage....

Not really. What are your specs? They make a 600 watt one

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."