Before I Buy....

mrGOAB

Ok. So I am soon to buy my new gaming PC and am completely stoked, but I do have some final things I need to clear up before I spend1,600 big ones on a computer. So, first of all, the most general one - Do you have ANY last suggestions? I am aware that I have been a bit redundant throughout my last posts, but I am just making sure what I have selected is the MOST optimal for gaming and other things you would do for school and stuff like that. Another thing is that I was wondering if my mobo would support the upcoming Broadwell chipset? Oh, and one last thing is that I cannot get an SSD at the moment, for I am just not in the budget, and don't want to compromise anything for it. So there it is, my last post before I go for it, so PLEASE let me know what you all think.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YFZjvK   - Hope its ok.....

[update] - I'm not going AMD fyi, and tried to make a few changes based on what you said so........

So....... I suppose I should put something here....

Why are you building one now when next gen tech is only weeks away?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Why are you building one now when next gen tech is only weeks away?

Well I know the "new tech" will be most likely ungodly expensive and way out of my price range.... So we'll see.

are you planning on overclocking your CPU?

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Well I know the "new tech" will be most likely ungodly expensive and way out of my price range.... So we'll see.

980 is rumored to be cheaper than the 780 Ti at slightly higher performance...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

are you planning on overclocking your CPU?

Yes.

Get rid of the windows license and swap out the 780Ti for a 290x, then gives you enough money for a 250GB SSD. Plus with the 290x you get Mantle.

Get your windows license here: https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M9cVf7

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

lacks color coordination

NEEDS an ssd. 780 ti is overpriced and unnecessary. a 780 or  better yet, an r9 290, is plenty good and will OC to great levels of performance. 

also, the rm750 is not exactly the best PSU...

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Normally I'm not an advocate for the wait for new tech line of thought.  But in this case I think it might be a prudent course of action.  

Even if the new tech is ungodly expensive like you say, the current generation will drop in price.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Get noctua fans, wait for new 900 series gpus. H80i is also I better liquid cooling option IMO. MOBO will support broadwell btw

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

lacks color coordination

NEEDS an ssd. 780 ti is overpriced and unnecessary. a 780 or  better yet, an r9 290, is plenty good and will OC to great levels of performance. 

lacks color coordination

these^

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vdbG23

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vdbG23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($234.66 @ OutletPC) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($207.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($61.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card  ($404.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Performance Edition (2-Pack) 63.5 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 

Other: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 32/64 Bit CD-KEY GLOBAL G2A ($26.00)

Total: $1445.54

It's cheaper and i personally think it has better color coordination. i felt like you were going for more of a Black/Gold.

Get rid of the windows license and swap out the 780Ti for a 290x, then gives you enough money for a 250GB SSD. Plus with the 290x you get Mantle.

Get your windows license here: https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M9cVf7

Nope nope nope nope

G2A keys are simply not worth the hassle. They are illegally sold MSDN keys, and they will generally only last a year or two. And Microsoft themselves have stated tjhat G2A are not an authorized reseller.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Nope nope nope nope

G2A keys are simply not worth the hassle. They are illegally sold MSDN keys, and they will generally only last a year or two. And Microsoft themselves have stated tjhat G2A are not an authorized reseller.

Off-topic: I've had issues with marketplace sellers but haven't had any experience with G2A themselves. After reading this, I don't think I will be buying anything from them again.

On-topic: To everyone saying "get an SSD" (because I'm sure there will also be more) in the future SSDs will be much cheaper and a hard drive will cut it for the time it takes SSDs to get cheaper. The prices are so high even I don't have one in my PC, I see them as a waste of money unless you have practically no budget for your PC. Also most of what people do recommend to buy are like 250gb SSDs which don't offer enough space to load games on a gaming PC, just having Battlefield 4 takes about 50gb, and don't get me started on Skyrim Mods (probably one of the top 5 of things that take up space in my main HDD and even more for other people, maybe takes first place). My entire SteamApps/common folder takes up over 350gb, and I have barely any games installed compared to other people. So that's not including the games I have on Origin, or my Uplay games. That also isn't including games not installed through Steam, such as World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2. We can say that is at least 600gb of games, if not even more. Add to that my Program Files (x86) and that's at least 900gb. There is just way too much information you would WANT to store on an SSD that you can't. I'd say in 2 to 5 years we will have 1tb SSDs for $200.

I'd go for the Areocool DS fans instead of the Corsair Ones. They are quieter and rated to move more air than the Corsair ones, and they look a lot better than Noctuas. As far as your CPU cooler I'd go with the Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R, it's quiet and looks really cool. For the case I'd probably go with the NZXT H440, but that's mostly for looks. For storage, I'd keep the HDD you have but get an SSD as well (at least 128gb) This is simply for OS installation to speed things up in your most frequantly used programs, big time saver (plus samsungs's 840 EVOs are pretty cheap nowadays). Other than that though your build seems to be pretty good. HAPPY BUILDING!!!