PC Building HTML

Testcatt

Hey, i was wondering if any of you know how to make a program that runs on HTML that would allow you to build a pc. You would first select a Case then it shows all the motherboards that fit in that case, you choose a motherboard and then it shows you the CPU compatible with the motherboard, then the CPU cooler, RAM etc.

HTML only, nope. You'll need at least javascript as well. But if you want a very large selection of product, you'll also need a database and PHP. Potentially AJAX if you want it to be super user friendly 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

There is already a site just for this, www.pcpartpicker.com It's glorious.

I know of Pcpartpicker, but i want this for the Local computer retail store i work at which means i need to add in new products when they arrive and have it in my language and currency.

HTML only, nope. You'll need at least javascript as well. But if you want a very large selection of product, you'll also need a database and PHP. Potentially AJAX if you want it to be super user friendly 

Would people have to have java installed and then allow the plugin to run? (I'm sorry about my bad programming knowledge)

We use Atrex for all of our products in the database would that be compatible with AJAX?

We use Atrex for all of our products in the database would that be compatible with AJAX?

Javascript is a client side language (meaning no web server interaction) that runs natively in almost all browsers. It requires no extra runtimes such as java, silverlight or any of that to function. And uh, if your current knowledge is as limited as it is, AJAX is by no means necessary and I would suggest just leaving it out, all it does is update content on the page without the page refreshing, but yes, AJAX would be compatible 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

You'll want PHP for this. Also you don't need ajax to make it user friendly.

i want to die

Would people have to have java installed and then allow the plugin to run? (I'm sorry about my bad programming knowledge)

Javascript is NOT java and in no way related. Javascript gets handled by just about every modern browser so the end user doesnt need to have anything extra installed aside from a web browser with javascript enabled

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Try learning HTML5... It won't be compatible with some browsers though...

And unfortunately I don't know how to HTML5...

Edit:

You'd also want to have PHP, SQL, and Javascript in that code to make everything function as intended...

Try learning HTML5... It won't be compatible with some browsers though...

And unfortunately I don't know how to HTML5...

Edit:

You'd also want to have PHP, SQL, and Javascript in that code to make everything function as intended...

I'm sorry but lol OP this user has no clue what he's talking about. xD

i want to die

I'm sorry but lol OP this user has no clue what he's talking about. xD

That's why I suggested learning...

There is always the option to hire someone to do it for you...

That's why I suggested learning...

There is always the option to hire someone to do it for you...

I said you have no clue what you're talking about. Not the OP.

i want to die

I said you have no clue what you're talking about. Not the OP.

Okay then...

Okay then...

sorry m8ey. but what you said made no sense ;3

i want to die

sorry m8ey. but what you said made no sense ;3

I'm basically saying that he should use HTML5 for the UI and PHP and SQL for the backend since making a ton of HTML documents for every possible permutation of what he's planning is too inefficient and slow...

I'm basically saying that he should use HTML5 for the UI and PHP and SQL for the backend since making a ton of HTML documents for every possible permutation of what he's planning is too inefficient and slow...

ik what you were trying to say.

Anyways I think the OP would be best off with a script like WHMCS.

i want to die