Logitech Teases New RGB Mechanical Keyboard

Awesome, this is good news for us that don't like Corsair.

Though red is really the only backlight I use, but this means it will be easier to get MX Brown switches with red backlight.

Also hope MX Blues can die already, way too much bandwagoneering on a switch that was never intended for gaming.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Interesting to see them moving in a different direction, but that is one hideous aesthetic they've got going on.

Awesome, this is good news for us that don't like Corsair.

Though red is really the only backlight I use, but this means it will be easier to get MX Brown switches with red backlight.

Also hope MX Blues can die already, way too much bandwagoneering on a switch that was never intended for gaming.

Browns are vastly superior to blues in every regard.

I do hope that Logitech does good on the key switches, I hope they aren't mimicking cherry switches but are actually unique and different,

I do hope that Logitech does good on the key switches, I hope they aren't mimicking cherry switches but are actually unique and different,

Check the update on OP :)

the switch looks closer to a buckling spring switch rather than a Cherry Switch

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

I am really intrigued by this.  The Corsair RGB is going to run $170, and I had previously planned on buying it, so if this is a little bit less expensive, say $140, they have got my business.

Having never owned a mechanical keyboard, but wanting one for awhile now, my biggest concern is durability and longevity. I have heard not the best things about Logitech's Mechnaical Keyboards, and I hear a lot of mech keyboard owners complaining about their LEDs burning out.  if I am going to drop $100+ on a keyboard, I better get a long and fully functional useful life out of my purchase.  I want both the Corsair and the Logitech RGB Keyboards to come backed by a very long warranty.

I really like the idea of being able to dock your phone or kindle? with the keyboard and use it as an additional display for important stats.  Like temperatures, fps, etc...

P.S. #BluesMasterRace

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Good I'm glad Logitech is doing something different.

No picture?

New%20Logitech%20G910%20Orion%20Spark%20

It looks like it has shiny keys. I prefer matte.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Meh Looks flimsy and those Keycaps wtf were they thinking? I Prefer the K70 RGB looks atleast 10 times more durable ;)

This I want to try. i dont like the wrist rest though.

dJQjIph.png

GDzDDGY.jpg

- http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

- http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Logitech-G910-Orion-Spark-RGB-Mechanical-Keyboard-Announced-November-17999

Romer-G switches

- http://gaming.logitech.com/fi-fi/articles/romer-g

- actuation point at 1,5 mm (compared to 2,0 mm on Cherry MX switches)

- 45g actuation force

- soft spring & tactile bump, not clicky

- 70 million keystroke lifespan (50 million on Cherry MX, 60 million on Razer's "own" switches)

- RGB backlighting, 16.8 million colors

- LED's are centered & surface mounted. The light is routed via "swiss designed light pipe" through the switch to the top, which minimizes light leakage

z1WJr4N.gif

I'm interested in trying out the switches, but not so much to have a keyboard that ugly on my desk.

DIaIN3L.png

VDofdXk.png

ET2vw0n.png

fshxo2q.png

oFJ57v9.png

TibayA6.png

T2eT1X1.png

tQJDFez.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_EA2cUflw

PS. I wonder what @Slick thinks of this

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Since this is Logitech I trust them to not fuck this up more than I trust Razer. That being said, Cherry fucked themselves with the RGB exclusivity deal with Corsair.

Kinda wrong there. This is all because their patent expired. Everyone is going to try something else even if its only a touch cheaper.

no cherry switch is superior to any other its all personal preferance.

They are mimicking them the stem and spring aer in the same orientation and the top snaps on relatively the same.

looks like a fat cherry switch to me. I was actually half expecting alps.

dJQjIph.png

GDzDDGY.jpg

- http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

- http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Logitech-G910-Orion-Spark-RGB-Mechanical-Keyboard-Announced-November-17999

Romer-G switches

- http://gaming.logitech.com/fi-fi/articles/romer-g

- actuation point at 1,5 mm (compared to 2,0 mm on Cherry MX switches)

- 45g actuation force

- soft spring & tactile bump, not clicky

- 70 million keystroke lifespan (50 million on Cherry MX, 60 million on Razer's "own" switches)

- RGB backlighting, 16.8 million colors

- LED's are centered & surface mounted. The light is routed via "swiss designed light pipe" through the switch to the top, which minimizes light leakage

I'm interested in trying out the switches, but not so much to have a keyboard that ugly on my desk.

DIaIN3L.png

VDofdXk.png

ET2vw0n.png

fshxo2q.png

oFJ57v9.png

TibayA6.png

T2eT1X1.png

tQJDFez.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_EA2cUflw

PS. I wonder what @Slick thinks of this

by that second pic its definitely a fat cherry switch.

Kinda wrong there. This is all because their patent expired. Everyone is going to try something else even if its only a touch cheaper.

Why not just renew the patent?

How the hell are browns superior? In terms of being quiet? Maybe, but in terms of being tactile and amazing for typing? Never in a million years!

Not sure about you but they have a longer life span and they keyboard cost the same amount as the Corsair one. Sure.

Yes, for the 1 keyswitch which they cherry picked from the factory to get that number. The switches are manufactured in china by Chinese children for insanely low pay and long hours, I don't support that. QC is terrible as well, because that is expected from Razer. I'm sorry, but if you think cheap chinese garbage can beat German engineering and manufacturing then you have to be mentally retarded, brain dead, a payed commenter from Razer, or just plain stupid.

Absolutely dont care what other rgb keyboards are there. All I want is to mechanical keyboards be less overpriced.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yes, for the 1 keyswitch which they cherry picked from the factory to get that number. The switches are manufactured in china by Chinese children for insanely low pay and long hours, I don't support that. QC is terrible as well, because that is expected from Razer. I'm sorry, but if you think cheap chinese garbage can beat German engineering and manufacturing then you have to be mentally retarded, brain dead, a payed commenter from Razer, or just plain stupid.

Harsh words for a placebo to most people. Did you have any proof, or are you just going with mein Deutsche quality? Logitech went not with Cherry or Kailh, but Omron for their switches, so the playing field is that much wider now.

Its not a cherry switch :(

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Harsh words for a placebo to most people. Did you have any proof, or are you just going with mein Deutsche quality? Logitech went not with Cherry or Kailh, but Omron for their switches, so the playing field is that much wider now.

I was comparing Cherry to Razer/Kailh, there is no question that German engineering and manufacturing is better than cheap Chinese garbage.

I was comparing Cherry to Razer/Kailh, there is no question that German engineering and manufacturing is better than cheap Chinese garbage.

Being that Kailh switches borrowed heavily from Cherry designs and patents, there's not much room for argument on that front. I was more concerned with the accusation that Razer/Kailh are exploiting children.

fugly

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Why not just renew the patent?

probably cant they have held it since I believe the 80's

How the hell are browns superior? In terms of being quiet? Maybe, but in terms of being tactile and amazing for typing? Never in a million years!

Its all personal preference, nothing more, nothing less. I personally think browns are an abomination of a compromise.

Absolutely dont care what other rgb keyboards are there. All I want is to mechanical keyboards be less overpriced.

mechanical keyboards, once they were introduced to gamers are now underpriced. I remember when you could get a CM Storm QFR for $35-40. Now that they have peneitrated the gaming community and ever PC gamer things they need one prices have gone up, especially over the last year or so. Since mechanical is not good enough for marketing their going to RGB and then youll see them going back to LCD's and that other crap. the funny thing is their figuring out ways all the time of actually making the keyboard part of it cheaper.

Being that Kailh switches borrowed heavily from Cherry designs and patents, there's not much room for argument on that front. I was more concerned with the accusation that Razer/Kailh are exploiting children.

they didnt borrow shit they directly and completely knocked them off. Now that its legal to copy them they tweaked them enough so its not a direct copy.