What is the difference between these 2?

badogski29

For one, you get a cooler volume knob made of metal instead of that crappy looking one, lol. Desktop version has quarter inch jack. Normal version is 3.5mm. (If you look at JDSLabs, their version with quarter inch jack will run you a similar premium.)

On NCIX link there you pay extra $50, on Mayflower website, only $40 extra.

You can still use a quarter inch to 3.5mm adapter saving you $40 (ok, minus the volume knob). However, if you're sure you're only going to use quarter inch, ever, then this will cut down the clutter a little bit.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The most obvious is the power input jack, one in the front, one in the rear. Other than that, let's just wait for the guy to show up :)

They are both in the back for both versions.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

They are both in the back for both versions.

Ah yes, my bad. The image is missing in the first NCIX link, so I had to go to the website. Must have compared with the wrong models....

Those pictures are all messed up.

The desktop version (more expensive one) should have a 1/4'' output jack.

The cheaper one has a 3.5mm jack output.

You forgot the pimpin' volume knob on your own product!  :angry:

And Tyler, you gotta do some organizing in your site man. Clearly list the differences between each model, I was confused when I first looked at your site months ago, and some of the specifications tabs don't show anything useful.

And Tyler, you gotta do some organizing in your site man. Clearly list the differences between each model, I was confused when I first looked at your site months ago, and some of the specifications tabs don't show anything useful.

And maybe add some info about the hardest headphone it can drive, i.e. 'tested on 300ohms 90dB/mW, still going strong', or even a list of headphones that can be drove properly. You know, for those who read the specs as 'alien language', and only got one single question, 'will it be powerful enough for my X headphone?'

It will be added to the FAQ section soon.

I love how you use two different measurement standards.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I love how you use two different measurement standards.

Lol whoops. That's what I get for being in the USA. I think we need to grow up and start using the metric system now like the rest of the civilized world :)