HyperX Cloud VS ATH M50x

TechnoTony
Go to solution Solved by BoredErica,

I believe the Hyper X is a little more comfortable while the M40x sound a little better. The HyperX probably has a bit more bass in its sound signature. Of course, it also has a mic because it's a headset.

You know, sometimes in life, you can't decide but the reality is you'll probably be happy with either one.  ^_^

Okay, so I saw and read the previous topic about this, but, my situation is a bit different. I don't intend on using any of these for gaming, mostly listening to music. I was originally planning on getting the M50X, but 1. they're quite expensive. Then I came across Linus' review of the HyperX Cloud, and since it has a detachable mic, I could use it to listen to music or plug the mic in for VoIP. I also heard that the impedance of the HyperX Cloud might be too high to power with your phone or tablet (Nexus 7 2013). My key factors are audio quality and comfort. Which one would you guys recommend? (I'm also open to suggestions for other headphones under $180) Thanks!

Tony T

I'd go for the M50's or the HD 558 but they might not have enough bass for you also they're open if you fine with that, Headsets almost always sound sub par when compared to their headphone counterparts in the same price range.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'd prefer something with a closed back design, but thanks for the suggestion!

Tony T

The headset will work fine on the tablet. Impedance does not tell the whole story in terms of how hard a headphone is to power. The audio sub regulars will tell you to get M40x instead of the M50x.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

damn straight

Why?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I believe the Hyper X is a little more comfortable while the M40x sound a little better. The HyperX probably has a bit more bass in its sound signature. Of course, it also has a mic because it's a headset.

You know, sometimes in life, you can't decide but the reality is you'll probably be happy with either one.  ^_^

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?