I caved on buying a Wii U specifically for Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U. Forgive me Gaben!

You'd be a fool if SSB4 were also available on PC, but it's not. So, chin up, man. Gaming is supposed to be fun. Worst thing that could happen is the thing breaks right when the game launches, and you have to send it to Nintendo for repairs. That would reeeally suck. Or the gamepad stops working, so you send it in. Finally you get it back, but the problems still persist because it's a faulty console, so you have to send both in. Then there's more waiting. And then there's a price drop. And then...

Who gives a damn besides whiny internet teenagers (that look stupid) that think there is something called a PC Master Race.

A gamer is a gamer. The only difference is there are complete idiots on the console AND pc side that make their "group" look dumb. PC Master Race is one of those for the PC side that looks dumb

Oh god, I couldn't agree more.

I'm not the only person that cringes so fucking hard when I see the "PRAISE LORD GABEN" or "THE PC MASTER RACE", am I? Embarrassing beyond belief, reminds me of GameFAQs or NeoGAF.

The PC Master Race is a load of shit, just something a load of fanboys say to solidify their position that the think they have.

I've seen it on the /g/ board far too much to take it seriously.

The "Master Race" are people who will use everything from any brand as it works in the best way for them. I find a Mix a very good thing to have, I have consoles, I have a Windows Gaming PC, I own a Mac Pro, I own an Android Phone. I am very multi platform person.

/g/ does it ironically, as does /v/. The 'Master Race' thing is considered cringeworthy as fuck over there.

My girlfriend got me a wii u last Christmas and I love it. Mario kart is great and I'm waiting for smash brothers!

Makes you sound like a 12 year old.

A 12 year old would want a Wii U without any qualms though.

My girlfriend got me a wii u last Christmas and I love it. Mario kart is great and I'm waiting for smash brothers!

It came in the mail yesterday. So far it's most redeeming feature is being able to stream console gameplay to the gamepad screen. I have an LG 42" Full HD tv. Since I'm nearsighted gameplay looks better on the gamepad screen. It's a combination of this and that because I can't turn the gamepad screen off while I look at the tv so I get distracted by what I'm holding. Best Nintendo handheld ever as far as I'm concerned. I got a Gameboy Color for Pokemon R/B/Y when a Super Gameboy or Pokemon Stadiums transfer pack would've been better around that time. 

Hearing that Wii U is powered by an underclocked 4850 makes me uneasy when compared to competition. In 2012 it was stronger than a 360 or PS3, but with consoles that can't last long. I read it was gonna be stronger but because they wanted to fit it in a small case they had to underclock because of heat issues. Whether it was an overclocked or underclocked 4850, it was still gonna be a 4850 for good. If Brawl running in Dolphin ends up looking better than SSB 4 Wii U  -_- .

Another thing about emulators. I got into PC gaming after building my first PC in 2012, in 2013 I built a friend one. I saw a deal for an Ivy Bridge i7 for $220. I convinced him at that point that there was no better time to do this for him. You see so much potential with SSDs, Terabyte HDs, SATA3 and PCI-Express; it makes consoles look like dead ends. Emulators running off Direct X makes consoles look like a conspiracy. I'd used mostly just SNES emus like ZSNES on a Pentium 3 and a P4 PCs last decade. I've never found interest in any emulator which I hadn't had the console for first. For instance, I've never shown interest playing Sega emus.

Valve/Steam ignores piracy at a commercial level and they're doing well. A Nintendo client across multiple operating systems could work the same way.

I have been wanting a Wii U for a while now. Only reason I have not jumped on one yet is because my brain locks up every time I have it in my cart with a game that cost $60... I mean I don't think my brain will even let me buy games at $40 let alone $60 ever again. Damn how PC sales have made me so jaded to full price games.

Most Wii U games on Amazon have been marked down to under $50. Even Mario Kart 8 is $48.15; an odd number and a far cry from Humble Bundle and Steam Sales, but better than brick and mortar stores.

You have 2 options. 

1. Don't buy a Wii U now, maybe later after more releases and price cuts, but not now. You can wait for a better library of first party Nintendo games. You don't have a strong history with Super Smash Brothers so you don't have an unshakeable itch to get the definitive version ASAP and whip the fuck out of casuals in the new "For Glory" mode. You can wait 6 years for a Wii U emulator, meanwhile you have Higan (BSNES), Project 64 and Dolphin to turn your PC into a superior and free Nintendo virtual console. There's a DS emulator that I haven't tried yet.  ;) I'm trying to save you here, if you aren't obsessed with Smash don't even get one yet. Either way, use those emulators to save money. 

2. Buy now. Get the $300 New Super Mario Brothers & Luigi U 32GB Deluxe Bundle off Amazon like I did. The 2 Mario games sold separately on Amazon are $70. There's a Super Mario 3D World Bundle that comes with Nintendo Funland, but we all know that's weaksauce like Wii Sports. You can get a better image through the console screen streaming to the gamepad than a 3DS. Hook your Wii U into a room with the largest 1080p tv you have. If your family or roommates are occupying the TV and you wanna play, take the gamepad off the included charge cradle, roam to another room, power on your Wii U remotely and play on the handheld gamepad screen. There's even a headphone jack and volume control switch for how ever you wanna play around your home.

There are supposedly 2 must have Nintendo games out now : Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. Smash may be coming out November 21st, 2014. There's 3 then. Wind Waker can be played on Dolphin. There's a bunch of Mario Kart games, but they wouldn't be online. IDK if you'd care about the latest Donkey Kong Country entry. I myself ended up getting Super Mario 3D World to go with the bundle and will be getting this to ensure I play Smash the way it's been played for 13 years. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M35YLLY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm having more fun playing on the handheld laid back in a dark room than on tv. It's called Off-TV Play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-TV_Play. I'm still judging Nintendo and would like a PC client instead of having a Wii U. I'm making the best of this situation.

I bought mario kart Wii and Smash bros Wii and they are still in the shrink wrap.

If you left Brawl in the shrink wrap we're on two separate wavelengths  of what we want out of Nintendo. You could easily stand to wait for PC emulation.

Honestly, I have a 3DS and getting Smash for it. It plays REALLY well and im getting a Wii U for Smash aswell. Nintendo makes fun games. there's not denying it. I grew up on Zelda. let's be honest here, If we didn't have consoles there wouldn't have been this big of a push for PC Gaming. 

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

Isn't Gabe a closet classic Nintendo fan anyway?

He said his favorite video game of all time is Super Mario 64. In magnitude of historical importance I'd only put Street Fighter II ahead of Super Mario 64 as far as games released since the 90s.

It came in the mail yesterday. So far it's most redeeming feature is being able to stream console gameplay to the gamepad screen. I have an LG 42" Full HD tv. Since I'm nearsighted gameplay looks better on the gamepad screen. It's a combination of this and that because I can't turn the gamepad screen off while I look at the tv so I get distracted by what I'm holding. Best Nintendo handheld ever as far as I'm concerned. I got a Gameboy Color for Pokemon R/B/Y when a Super Gameboy or Pokemon Stadiums transfer pack would've been better around that time. 

Hearing that Wii U is powered by an underclocked 4850 makes me uneasy when compared to competition. In 2012 it was stronger than a 360 or PS3, but with consoles that can't last long. I read it was gonna be stronger but because they wanted to fit it in a small case they had to underclock because of heat issues. Whether it was an overclocked or underclocked 4850, it was still gonna be a 4850 for good. If Brawl running in Dolphin ends up looking better than SSB 4 Wii U  -_- .

Another thing about emulators. I got into PC gaming after building my first PC in 2012, in 2013 I built a friend one. I saw a deal for an Ivy Bridge i7 for $220. I convinced him at that point that there was no better time to do this for him. You see so much potential with SSDs, Terabyte HDs, SATA3 and PCI-Express; it makes consoles look like dead ends. Emulators running off Direct X makes consoles look like a conspiracy. I'd used mostly just SNES emus like ZSNES on a Pentium 3 and a P4 PCs last decade. I've never found interest in any emulator which I hadn't had the console for first. For instance, I've never shown interest playing Sega emus.

Valve/Steam ignores piracy at a commercial level and they're doing well. A Nintendo client across multiple operating systems could work the same way.

Actually, it's far worse than that. It's an underclocked 4650 with half of the shaders removed. That said, SSB4 will not look worse than Brawl on Dolphin unless you somehow think that resolution is the thing that matters for graphics. If that's the case, just emulate SSB64 at 4K and enjoy the beauty.

I have been wanting a Wii U for a while now. Only reason I have not jumped on one yet is because my brain locks up every time I have it in my cart with a game that cost $60... I mean I don't think my brain will even let me buy games at $40 let alone $60 ever again. Damn how PC sales have made me so jaded to full price games.

This is a reason I went with a PS4 over the WiiU. Even vanilla Wii games that came out years ago are still full price. I'm serious.

Meanwhile, PS4 and PC games drop in price very quickly. Obviously there are countless PC sales, but even AAA PS4 titles like Killzone can be got for about $20 now, even less likely.

GTX 970 benchmarks are driving me crazy right now. MSRP of $330, but they're selling out so hard right now that their price has been jacked up to $400. There has been a disturbance in GPU market and will takes months to calm down. Next thing you know the 960 will match a 770 for $200.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_970_STRIX_OC/30.html

I wasn't planning on getting a new videocard until next year but daaaaaaamn. This happened the same week I get a Wii U.