I caved on buying a Wii U specifically for Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U. Forgive me Gaben!

I quit Xbox Live Gold around when Titan Fall was released. At the time I thought my days of peasantry were done. For the most part this is true. It's this mascot fighting game that has pulled me back in. I don't want a Wii U, I really don't. My Sandybridge i5 build with tons of storage would eat a Wii U alive. It's just Smash.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-07/8/16/enhanced/webdr09/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24390-1404850429-10.gif

1. I can't wait 6 years for a stable Wii U or 3DS emulator to play SSB 4 on PC. I barely decided to get Dolphin running this year after having a capable PC since 2012. It was time after the 4.0 release and Tek Syndicate doing a tutorial.

2. I got a Wii for Brawl in February 2008 a few months before its release. I had Super Mario Galaxy and gimmicky motion controls mini games to tide me over until then. I had to wait until May 2002 to get a Gamecube for Melee and the last classic Resident Evil games. 

3. I've had every Nintendo home console. I foolishly traded away my NES and SNES collection in 1996. I still have N64 onward. So an irresistible urge to for SSB has lead me to buy another potato continuing the tradition. Now all of the above and then some are archived roms and ISOs available all over the place for emus. 

4. There will never be another Ocarina Of Time. This purchase was solely motivated by SSB. I will pick up other main series Mario, Zelda and Metroid games if they're well received by critics. An example of a flop on this scale would be Metroid Other M. I have much more faith in Smash than any other series of being worth the weight.

5. What motivated me the most to cave on getting SSB 4 Wii U is watching idiots and hipsters playing betas, imported copies, early releases, etc. Most are not worthy. Industry insiders with tons of other peasantry on their plate to cover like Destiny casually doing a once over on Smash to remind me there is no god. Hearing the annoying exclamations of how they're gonna main everyone speculatively flip flopping over the 49 character roster; 51 if you count the Mii fighter as 3. I could watch or rather ignore hype from new IPs that are console exclusive.

6. Now more with the PC perspective and market angle to all this. I'm banking on the $400-500 I'm gonna be spending on Wii U 32GB Deluxe w/ New Super Mario & Luigi U + Super Mario 3D World + Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U gamecube adapter and controller bundle will be better worth any upgrade I could do to my capable PC right now. I will get a new video card next year by the time DX12 games become available. I'm thinking a 280x equivalent for less. After playing Dead Rising 3 with a 1GB 6870, 3GB looks like a necessity now. You can always wait for a better video card, for that price/performance to creep higher as larger GPUs shrink down into the $150-250 range. Waiting for more Wii U price drops doesn't outweigh the benefit of getting one now and having fun with Smash asap. Wii U is a better deal than it was in 2012 from floundering sales and low demand. It's retarded how game bundled console packages cost the same or less than a lone Wii U on Amazon.

In conclusion, PC > than any console in the long run. They depend of disc sales at brick at mortar stores, laser coded DRM, they support Gamestop which needs to die and hardly care about backwards compatibility. E3 is mostly a pompous showcase of asshats that think just because they crammed a hardware upgrade into such a small box that everyone needs to be grateful for it for the next 10 years holding everything back. Maybe the video game industry needs consoles to sell more games to more ignorant people to keep itself afloat; the Call Of Duty and Madden cashcows. I would've payed $100-200 for SSB 4 with Steamworks. It would take millions of people to boycott consoles and to turn a blind eye new and classic IPs and franchises for this to come true.

what are u talking about

nntendo is awesome

sure everyone on the forum agrees with me

we all just hate sony and especially microsoft

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Since when does PC Gamer = Can't ever buy a console?

I like the Wii U.

And the DS.

It's not like they are really competing with PC gaming anyways, like the Xbone and PS4 are. They target different markets.

I agree, I am a PC and Console Gamer myself, I own a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PS4. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

NINTENDO IS AWESOME!! IF CONSOLES WERE THE ONLY THINGS YOU COULD GAME ON I'D BUY A NINTENDO CONSOLE ANY DAY!! :D

Life.exe is missing

I own Consoles.

Who gives a damn besides whiny internet teenagers (that look stupid) that think there is something called a PC Master Race.

A gamer is a gamer. The only difference is there are complete idiots on the console AND pc side that make their "group" look dumb. PC Master Race is one of those for the PC side that looks dumb

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Your a PC Gamer though! Looks like I'll have to confiscate that Wii U (so that I can play Super Smash Bros too ;) ). Its not a bad thing to get a console. I'm getting that curiosity/interest in Wii U too for the Super Smash Bros.

So what? I dont own a Wii U or a DS or 3DS, but I still want them in spite being a PC gamer...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I own Consoles.

Who gives a damn besides whiny internet teenagers (that look stupid) that think there is something called a PC Master Race.

The PC Master Race is a load of shit, just something a load of fanboys say to solidify their position that the think they have.

I've seen it on the /g/ board far too much to take it seriously.

The "Master Race" are people who will use everything from any brand as it works in the best way for them. I find a Mix a very good thing to have, I have consoles, I have a Windows Gaming PC, I own a Mac Pro, I own an Android Phone. I am very multi platform person.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

The PC Master Race is a load of shit, just something a load of fanboys say to solidify their position that the think they have.

I've seen it on the /g/ board far too much to take it seriously.

The "Master Race" are people who will use everything from any brand as it works in the best way for them. I find a Mix a very good thing to have, I have consoles, I have a Windows Gaming PC, I own a Mac Pro, I own an Android Phone. I am very multi platform person.

Check out my edit on the post =D

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Check out my edit on the post =D

Well just gives me even more proof why I am on the right technology forum.  :ph34r: Not full of fangirls.

Well just gives me even more proof why I am on the right technology forum.  :ph34r: Not full of fangirls.

Oh the forum is full of it sadly. I'm game for anything except iphones and ipads. Own consoles, pc's, macbooks, etc... Even a Windows phone.

Your a PC Gamer though! Looks like I'll have to confiscate that Wii U (so that I can play Super Smash Bros too ;) ). Its not a bad thing to get a console. I'm getting that curiosity/interest in Wii U too for the Super Smash Bros.

It's not even curiosity. It's lust.

I've personally played COD with Valve and Gaben on CONSOLES.

Eat that up people. A console... With Gaben. Yeah. 

Steam Machine?  :wacko:

Oh the forum is full of it sadly. I'm game for anything except iphones and ipads. Own consoles, pc's, macbooks, etc... Even a Windows phone.

Something I realized in this whole stupid thing is that why hate on others decisions. I don't let anyones personal preference affect me as its only going to affect them.

Like the fact that you wouldn't want to use iOS Devices and thats fine, I personally like iOS however I like android a little bit better (Cyanogenmod 11S).

Thats what people have to realize.

Who really thinks that Apple, Microsoft, Sony or any other tech manufacturer actually cares about its consumers? A tiny bit perhaps, the plastic bit that is stored in our wallets.

They don't care about fanboys and they don't care about you. However without every one of them we would have a stagnated market filled with overpriced stuff.

Just because you don't like Apple you've got to admit that the market would be different without them and not for the better. Less competition = Less innovation (Or photocopying) = Less choice for us.

I love technology as it has soo much too offer, I wouldn't change the market for a second. No platform will ever 100% Dominate the market, you will have the Market Leader yes but they will never get 100% of the market place.

Wow this is an essay, just guys, love tech not the brands.

The whole tl;dr comments you sometimes see on long posts are ADHD reactions to people used to twitter reading short celebrity daytime meal updates with pics to back it up. If there's a long ass post, people need to keep that sentiment to their self because they did click on it or suck up their education to skim through it. Sometimes there's too much information so there's less questions later.

The whole tl;dr comments you sometimes see on long posts are ADHD reactions to people used to twitter reading short celebrity daytime meal updates with pics to back it up. If there's a long ass post, people need to keep that sentiment to their self because they did click on it or suck up their education to skim through it. Sometimes there's too much information so there's less questions later.

To be honest my post was me spewing out how I felt into my keyboard :lol: 

To be honest my post was me spewing out how I felt into my keyboard :lol:

Well I feel if Valve can do crossplay across operating systems with their Steam client consoles could do the same. All consoles companies could have a client for Windows, Linux and Mac. If consoles don't want to crossplay with one another, that's too bad, but for PCs there could be Steam, Origins, Uplay, Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo clients. The XBL Gold and PS+ fees would still apply for the consoles as a sin tax. After you've seen console games run off DirectX and OpenGL with Rivatuner statistics on screen display it really makes consoles look bad. I want there to be an end to platform segregation linked by competing clients and digital markets.

Something I realized in this whole stupid thing is that why hate on others decisions. I don't let anyones personal preference affect me as its only going to affect them.

Like the fact that you wouldn't want to use iOS Devices and thats fine, I personally like iOS however I like android a little bit better (Cyanogenmod 11S).

Thats what people have to realize.

Who really thinks that Apple, Microsoft, Sony or any other tech manufacturer actually cares about its consumers? A tiny bit perhaps, the plastic bit that is stored in our wallets.

They don't care about fanboys and they don't care about you. However without every one of them we would have a stagnated market filled with overpriced stuff.

Just because you don't like Apple you've got to admit that the market would be different without them and not for the better. Less competition = Less innovation (Or photocopying) = Less choice for us.

I love technology as it has soo much too offer, I wouldn't change the market for a second. No platform will ever 100% Dominate the market, you will have the Market Leader yes but they will never get 100% of the market place.

Apple devices to me are pretty boring. I bought an iPad, gave it to my mom and she uses it for Solitare. I love the look and feel of Android and the fact that I can run Cyanogenmod and well mod my phone. Apple devices look nice but just fall flat and NOW you can change the Apple keyboard this many years later lol.

For the most part the forum members are sheep that follow the anti console and anti apple stance.

For the most part the forum members are sheep that follow the anti console and anti apple stance.

You forgot Beats by Dre. Apple bought Beats, but it's too soon to not bring them up separately.

You forgot Beats by Dre. Apple bought Beats, but it's too soon to not bring them up separately.

Studio beats are alright as I'm told by the audio guys but still there are better.

But audio is very subjective. Most people can not tell the difference between headphones so they look at design. 

For me, I couldn't give a damn as long as I have sound. I used a pair of Plantronics over the ear headset for 4 years and loved the sound.

Nintendo is the worst of the big three, constant rehashes, outdated overpriced hardware, terrible online software, games never drop in price, always forcing lame gimmicks, no third party games and they havent had a good controller in like... ever? 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Since when does PC Gamer = Can't ever buy a console?

Brainwashed by Tek Syndicate, Evans and other clickbait loving idiots.

I read it and it was a load of shit that no sane person would stress about. Total waste of time. If you hate the system and want consoles to go away, then don't buy them and stop whining that you won't be able to play pirated copies for at least half a decade. Makes you sound like a 12 year old.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.