How would I make a program that changes keyboard input?

Dude
Go to solution Solved by acolombo,

How?

You download AutoHotKey, you make a script which replace every key with the word "Boobies" or everything else you want (I don't really know how to code it, I did only basic scripts for shortcuts, but I'm pretty sure you can do it, and if you read the documentation it would be pretty easy to do such a script imho, and you can also ask for help in the AHK forums)  and then you can save it as an exe wich runs also on computers with no AutoHotKey installed

Hey guys,

I really want to annoy my friend. So I must ask how I can make a program that changes any letter or number placed with "Boobies". I would like to be able to disable it by using a combination of keys too. This will be put on a flash drive and copied on to school computers.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

we don't support activities like this

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

putting it on a school PC would very likely be illegal.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Very funny..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

we don't support activities like this

Really? I wouldn't think that a prank program would be so much of a big deal.

putting it on a school PC would very likely be illegal.

It's not illegal and in any case I would only store it under my friend's user account.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Very funny..

Me and my friend are quite immature.

Really? I wouldn't think that a prank program would be so much of a big deal.

It's not illegal and in any case I would only store it under my friend's user account.

because your putting it on government computers 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hello,

I wouldn't recomend to put it on your schools computers but if your friend can take a good joke then i'm sure it will be fine if you disable it when asked... A well known YouTuber actally posted a video on how to do this not long ago; ill link it now. Id recomed waching his previous programming videos first to get a grasp on the language he uses.

I wish you good luck but I would highly not recomend putting it onto school computer as it could land you into ALOT of trouble... However it's your choice.

~ Harry

It seems impossible until it's done.

because your putting it on government computers

The computers aren't government property. They are property of the IT department.

The computers aren't government property. They are property of the IT department.

public schools are government owned and funded (for the most part)

Hey guys,

I really want to annoy my friend. So I must ask how I can make a program that changes any letter or number placed with "Boobies". I would like to be able to disable it by using a combination of keys too. This will be put on a flash drive and copied on to school computers.

If you do it. send me a copy and I will uploaded it to my schools server :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

public schools are government owned and funded (for the most part)

Hello,

In the UK were I am from alot of computers are privately funded and my school wouldn't take it as far as contacting the police if it was only under one account, as how would they know? They would most likely thing the child is wierd and trying to be funny for saying that when ever he types something 'boobies' appears... Ha ha :)

~ Harry

Hello,

In the UK were I am from alot of computers are privately funded and my school wouldn't take it as far as contacting the police if it was only under one account, as how would they know? They would most likely thing the child is wierd and trying to be funny for saying that when ever he types something 'boobies' appears... Ha ha :)

~ Harry

ah, well they are gov owned in US, which is where im assuming where the op is, since he doesnt have a real location set xD

ah, well they are gov owned in US, which is where im assuming where the op is, since he doesnt have a real location set xD

Ha ha, most are government funded, but alot still are privately owned :) 

~ Harry

Yeah, I'm British so don't worry about me =P

Yeah, I'm British so don't worry about me =P

regardless, its a douchies thing to do.. so dont do it xD

regardless, its a douchies thing to do.. so dont do it xD

My friend would do the same to me if he could =D

so do it on his pc rofl, not the schools x.x

I don't even know on how you plan on getting into your school network and uploading files just for your friend as my school has blocked almost all programmes ha ha :)

~ Harry

I don't even know on how you plan on getting into your school network and uploading files just for your friend as my school has blocked almost all programmes ha ha :)

~ Harry

>copy program to flash drive

>wait til friend signs in

>copy from flash drive and execute

Security is twat on school computers anyway so if I really wanted to (I won't) I could send the program to central resources.

vmB7sid.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

vmB7sid.jpg

What shit in particular are you referring to?

This would require circumnavigating your school computers' security and therefore be very much unadvisable.

What you are proposing is essentially the same as what a keylogger does, which is intercept keyboard input. That is malware and would not be easy to do, you would have to modify the keyboard drivers in some way.

I think you could just make an AutoHotKey script

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

This would require circumnavigating your school computers' security and therefore be very much unadvisable.

What you are proposing is essentially the same as what a keylogger does, which is intercept keyboard input. That is malware and would not be easy to do, you would have to modify the keyboard drivers in some way.

I do all sorts of weird shit with the school computers including unlocking command line, setting up proxies and the like. None of those times have I needed to circumnavigate the school's security.