Cheap case with 1 fan. PSU orientation pls ?

dmegatool

So I made a build for someone. It's really cheap but managed a gtx760 in there so I'm kind a proud of it. I used the cheapest case I could find. I would have taped the computer together if could. It only has an exhaust fan at the back. There's no real intake at the front and there's one spot at the bottom but didn't ordered a fan for it. There will be an EVO 212 on the cpu so the air will be pushed backward instead of on the CPU like the stock coolers. 

Case is : Bitfenix Merc Beta. 20$ shipped in canada just can't be beat. 

So the question is : On which side I should put the PSU ? I was thinking fan up as it would make a second exhaust. Or would you go for fan down as the temperature should probably be higher than average due the fact there's only one fan ? 

Having the fan face up would make it an intake, not exhaust. I would personally have the fan face down to help keep dust out. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If the PC will be on a hard surface then fan down (has its own air supply). If the pc is on a carpet or something then fan up (use as an exhaust)

"Rawr XD"

If you dont know the placement put the fan up so the fan can be seen inside the case, its just a safer way as it might die if your friend puts it on a carpet, just better to play it safe.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

PSU fan down. And I would tell your friend to buy another fan as soon as he gets some money. If you use the one fan as an exhaust you'l pull dust in the case. Also dem temps..

Edit: As the guys above said, if the PC is on a rug put it fan up.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Having the fan face up would make it an intake, not exhaust. I would personally have the fan face down to help keep dust out. 

Having the fan face upwards would make it an exhaust. The PSU would be taking air in from inside the case and exhausting it out the back kind of like this

02_airFlow.gif

Having the fan face upwards would make it an exhaust. The PSU would be taking air in from inside the case and exhausting it out the back kind of like this

Ahh, my bad. I had brashly mistaken the case to have a top mounted psu. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.